Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Ainsdale
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Airush Union 2017

Postby stridgey10 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:15 am

Hi Guys.......been riding lithiums for the past few years and really like them but thinking of upgrading to 2017 Unions. All the magazine reviews seem positive and what im looking for but canint find any feedback on any forums or long term reviews??? Any feedback would be great as can find a fair bit on the 2016's but nothing on the 2017's........specifically the 12m? Cheers

MikeBirt
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: UK - all north east beaches
Favorite Beaches: Redcar, Beadnell, Budle
Style: everything
Gear: everything Airush and shinn, and anything else I can get to try - I have to test it all, else I'd be a charlatan :-)
Brand Affiliation: Airush and Shinn (UK)

Re: Airush Union 2017

Postby MikeBirt » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:48 am

Hi Chap,
The 2017 is a really nice bit of kit.
2016 was quite light in the hands and felw best with a light touch, as such it was quite a way from the Lithium in turns of feel.
2017 is tighter, but requires a firmer hand and as such it's very much like a Lithium but on steroids. It's a great kite for riding super overpowered - absolutely solid and 100% trusting when pushing the edges of it's capabilities. It's a no issues step up from the Lithium without any concerns that it will be lacking something that you really rely on with the Lithium.
2018 has just been released and it's a different kite to 2016 and 2017... Quite a bit of work went into 2018 Union III and it shows. There will be some rider reviews popping up for this in the coming days / weeks, but it's a lot quicker, more focussed and ultimately more hands on. That said the performance of the thing when dialled is way ahead of anything in the mainstream airush stable so far...

stridgey10
Rare Poster

Postby stridgey10 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:07 pm

Cheers for the feeback.......

Making me think about paying a bit more for the union 3 now but some great deals going on the current model and seems a soild upgrade for me tbh....

Not heard anything negative about the Unions I just don't think many people have bought the 2017 kite...........

What was the boosting like on the 2017 kite compared to the Lithiums, are they much less forgiving?

MikeBirt
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: UK - all north east beaches
Favorite Beaches: Redcar, Beadnell, Budle
Style: everything
Gear: everything Airush and shinn, and anything else I can get to try - I have to test it all, else I'd be a charlatan :-)
Brand Affiliation: Airush and Shinn (UK)

Postby MikeBirt » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:43 pm

Boosting on 2017 was good - very easy infact. Not many holes you can dig with them. Like lithium but sharper and higher, without any potential probs..
It's a great kite. And yes - on offer it's a good buy.
2018 is different - a bit more piloting required, so more technical than lithium.

I'd also say that airush have one of, if not the highest, production cost - materials are proven to be the best you can get and that loadframe is expensive. On closeout you are buying genuine closeout, not something that was made to still make margin on closeout, if you know what I mean, so it's an even better deal if you look at it from that perspective.

stridgey10
Rare Poster

Postby stridgey10 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:06 am

Cheers Mike.

Anyone else got any feedback on the 2017 kite??

Return to “Kitesurfing”