Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Eleveight kites

Forum for kitesurfers
harppa
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Epic spots of the northshores of Finland
Gear: Eleveight kites, Brunotti boards, ION neoprene and Moses hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Running a school and importing Eleveight, Brunotti, Peter Lynn, ION, Shark SUP and few others.
Has thanked: 0

Re: Eleveight kites

Postby harppa » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:01 pm

marioparacuru wrote: RS 2019 just arrived 1 week ago for a friend. I didn't kited but the finishing looks first class. I agree the x4 ripstop it's a bit ridiculous. Of course they have maybe x20 ripstop there and they're are just holding to launch it as new thing. But x4 material is a bit heavier than x2. So maybe this doesn't go far. Anyway the material looks super resistant. I'm waiting for the ws versions to arrive.
The X4 makes kite react alot faster than last year. Defenitely not just marketing BS. We also asked Peter about the weight. The X4 adds ~60grams to the overall weight if I remember correctly :)

marioparacuru
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 60
Local Beach: Northeast, Brasil
Favorite Beaches: Best wave spots in Ceará
Cape town
French Polynesia
Style: Strapless wave
Gear: More than 10 kites from different brands
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby marioparacuru » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:31 pm

I'm not saying the material isn't better than previously one, but it's ridiculous the fact that x4 do exists probably since a few years ago, but they prefer to launch x2 first, then x4 and maybe x5 or x6. What's the big deal to take the same material and put more ripstop lines on it? I know this is something from Teijin, kite brands just use what's available on the market.

I know Peter and I like to ask him about the materials and construction sometimes. I'm sure he uses the best materials on the kites and in the bars, not saving couple of dollars like other big brands do, buying not Teijin genuine and expensive material, using chinese cheap copy. But I'm not going to talk about some of the brands who does it and start a war here. But after x4 I'm certainly not going to buy kites with fckng old "x1" material from 10 yrs ago.

foilkite90
Rare Poster
Local Beach: le morne
Favorite Beaches: mauricio
Style: foil
Gear: ozone

Postby foilkite90 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:34 pm

new kites : https://www.eleveightkites.com/products

new videos with new technoforce X4!! https://vimeo.com/277727291
:heartface: :heartface:

Barryg101
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Tarifa, Obidos & Brouwersdam
Favorite Beaches: Dahkla
Style: Freestyle , Big Air & Megaloops
Gear: Eleveight FS & Cabrinha FX

Postby Barryg101 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:21 pm

Kites looks very nice and more reviews are saying the quality is outstanding ... very impressed with their approach !

Currently using Cabrinha switchblade & F One bandit but might give the FS a go and see how I feels ..

tegirinenashi
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: 3rd Ave
Gear: Bates 4000, Dominator MX-10

Postby tegirinenashi » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:26 am

marioparacuru wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:31 pm
But after x4 I'm certainly not going to buy kites with fckng old "x1" material from 10 yrs ago.
What is this, did ripstop manufacturers hired some gillette designer? Certainly, one can have one thick thread which would be stronger than your puny 4 threads. If there were no advancement in material chemistry, then ripstop from 10 years ago is as good as the new one.

harppa
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Epic spots of the northshores of Finland
Gear: Eleveight kites, Brunotti boards, ION neoprene and Moses hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Running a school and importing Eleveight, Brunotti, Peter Lynn, ION, Shark SUP and few others.

Postby harppa » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:45 am

I actually did a short interview with Peter for our website (finnish website). Here are couple of bits about the material.

Q: A lot of people sometimes think that even the double ripstop was just marking BS but is this really true? Or what are the main benefits of the new X4?

Peter: Well, it depends. There are good and not so good double rip stop materials in the market. In a good material the rip stop yarn is spun from several yarns, reinforcing the cloth. This reinforcement combined with the finish resin that is applied creates better rip stop ability as well as less elongation (stretch). These 2 performance parameters lead to a more reactive kite as well as a more durable kite.

Q: In the meeting we were talking about the life of a kite and how materials react. Could you tell a bit more about how the ripstop works and how the Teijin X4 makes your kite stay solid for longer?

Peter: Since the X4 ripstop has less elongation than any other material out there. Each single fiber in the material is less exposed to its max elongation/stress. This allows each fiber and thus the cloth perform longer at a higher level. This translate to the kite staying in better shape and performing for a longer time.

WaD4n
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Podersdorf, Austria
Gear: looking for one :)
Been thanked: 0

Postby WaD4n » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:01 pm

Hey guys, I wanted to ask if there are more reviews/experiences of the Eleveight "RS" kites out there. I´m just about to get my first Kite and I´m really interested in the eleveight product line but there are not that many infos about them.

Maybe somebody else can share his experiences with this kite. :)

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:15 pm

I removed all the ripstop from my kites, so now I have X24. Beat that! At least 20 years ahead of their time now :thumb:

I'd rather see some cold hard data or video's.

ScoopZ
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Scotland.
Style: Catching bumps/carving.
Gear: Ozone 2014 Cats - 10/12.
Airush 5'6" Cypher
Airush Sector 60.

Postby ScoopZ » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:02 pm

Im still flying 1x tejin in kites that are 6-9 years old!

Id be happy to support a smaller brand when I finally upgrade, especially if their focus is on quality.

foilkite90
Rare Poster
Local Beach: le morne
Favorite Beaches: mauricio
Style: foil
Gear: ozone

Postby foilkite90 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:22 pm

Return to “Kitesurfing”