Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

North bag zips complete sh*t!

Forum for kitesurfers
or6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 81
Local Beach: Wijk aan zee, Zandmotor, Hoek and in between
Favorite Beaches: Muriwai NZ, El Medano Tenerife, la Ventana México, Hood River, Portland area, Vancouver Island, Wijk aan Zee, Moulay Bouzerktoun
Style: Waveriding
Gear: RRD Religion 4 meter, 5 and 7 meter Kauper XT Maverick, 9 meter Core GTS6, Ben Wilson Vibe 9, Peter Lynn Phantom v2 9, Appletree Klokhouse Noseless 5'3", Wanted Pure 6'0", Shinn Bronq Heritage, Gong Foil
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: North bag zips complete sh*t!

Postby or6 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:11 am

I'm not sure what you mean with that expression, norcalnomad, but all I hear is people complain about zippers on a bag. You all seem to like the kites, and the quality. So take up the issue with your dealer l, or with North, or suck it up.

What does the fact that I fly RRDs have to do with it? Nothing.

But like I said, vent away, get rid of your frustrations, if it helps. :thumb:

ichabod
Medium Poster
Gear: kite, strings, short wooden plank
Has thanked: 0

Postby ichabod » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:57 am

Yeah true, buying a simple drawstring bag would be possible alternative but the ability to strap the bar and pump on the bag and front pocket for spares/keys etc are way to useful for me to give up. I ranted on here rather than approaching North as I guess there is zero chance of North turning around and giving me 9 new bags for kites that are well out of their warranty. They are more likely to take notice with a bit of public shaming.

LetsFlyaKite
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Aggressive
Gear: Nothing Yet
Been thanked: 0

Postby LetsFlyaKite » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:31 pm

Wow, so instead of kindly taking this up privately with the people at North, you go on a public forum and blout your mouth out.

Good luck getting a new bag now idiot

Sandras
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Favorite Beaches: Okaloosa Island, FL
Gear: .

Postby Sandras » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:30 pm

LetsFlyaKite wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:31 pm
Wow, so instead of kindly taking this up privately with the people at North, you go on a public forum and blout your mouth out.

Wow, you are a genius! You are wasting your brain just trolling in here… :jump:

How didn’t you think that he can still go to his North dealer and ask for a new bag?

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:20 pm

If north zippers suck they suck. 'nuff said. Personally I don't give a shit about the zippers, I throw my kites into a small laundry sack, takes less space. But a friend of mine rides North pretty much 100% and as we were walking from the car to the launch, her zipper failed and her keys fell out didn't notice until we were pumping up. Got pretty lucky to be able to find them. So yeah, fix the zippers North. Other bags are better with the zippers, liquid force zippers seem pretty good, I have had good luck with slingshot zippers too, but North zippers, they aren't as good as the rest of the product line. I dunno if the zippers are actually bad maybe it's the bag design which puts a lot of structural stress on the zipper.
Of course this is purely anecdotal evidence, so maybe they are good for others? Not for me.

Don Monnot
Frequent Poster

Postby Don Monnot » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:02 pm

Velcro pockets for keys and such, drawstring opening for the kite, straps and pockets for bar and pump--seems too easy, doesn't it? Wazup, North? It shouldn't add to the cost, either. (JIMOHO) (just in my overly humble opinion). :lol:

CorradoWest
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Central Coast, California
Favorite Beaches: X
Gear: Naish/North

Postby CorradoWest » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:48 pm

Necessity is the mother of invention. Someone should/could design and produce a bag with all of the feature that "we" all would be stoked on and sell it at a reasonable price. I did a little research online and found a European company that has one but at $100 it seemed overpriced...for a bag.

Jelle_vw
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Weight: 76
Local Beach: Zandmotor (Netherlands)
Favorite Beaches: Slufter (Netherlands)
Style: Freeride / Oldskool
Gear: Ozone & Shinn

Postby Jelle_vw » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:36 pm

CorradoWest wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:48 pm
Necessity is the mother of invention. Someone should/could design and produce a bag with all of the feature that "we" all would be stoked on and sell it at a reasonable price. I did a little research online and found a European company that has one but at $100 it seemed overpriced...for a bag.
Which company is that?

LetsFlyaKite
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Aggressive
Gear: Nothing Yet

Postby LetsFlyaKite » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:55 pm

Sandras wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:30 pm
LetsFlyaKite wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:31 pm

Wow, you are a genius! You are wasting your brain just trolling in here… :jump:

How didn’t you think that he can still go to his North dealer and ask for a new bag?
It's not trolling if what i'm saying is true, oh yeah, I forgot, you're an idiot too.

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards

Postby PullStrings » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:19 am

Let's talk about frozen zipper (not necessarily North ) and it's blowing hard
You try and try to unzip the bag of your 7m (that you rarely use) and the tab breaks off....you don't have a pair of pliers to pull on zipper piece that's left and water to dissolve salt crystal deposits
All your friends are already out having fun and you can't join them...you have your 10m...but that's way too big...but luckily you have a sharp knife
Yes carefully gut open that bag to let that 7m out and join the fun
True story

Return to “Kitesurfing”