Forum for kitesurfers
BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Re: 4 meters waves yesterday at tarifa!

Postby BWD » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:57 am

It's all bs:
Wave is maybe 3m not 4 5 6...
Kiter probably poaching waves from a mile out to sea as usual
Surfer has no prayer of making the first section, his drop-in is just a bit better than a glorified shoulder ride since the wave is fast enough to catch up with him
Right bunch of Guys
(Yes I'm still jealous)

bigtone667
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: Birdie Beach, Budgewoi Beach, Lakes Beach
Favorite Beaches: Umina Beach, Birdies Beach, Lake Munmorah, Canton, The Swamp, Le Morne
Style: surf, foiling, jumping, lawn mowing
Gear: Kites: BRM Cloud D's, Duotone Rebels, Peaks
Wings: Cloud W1 2,3,4,5, Duotone DLAB Unit 4.5/5.5/6.5
Boards: Bit of everything
Foils: AXIS and Triton Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby bigtone667 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:10 am

iblocalsurfer wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:45 am
What a waste of a nice wave. Almost like the kiter was running away from the pocket. Totally understandable if the kiter has no wave expedience. However, don't mess it up for the people(surfer in this case) that are there to actually ride waves. JBrooks nailed it.
And yet, the surfer did exactly the same thing as the kiter. Mowed down the line.

TommyDuotone
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: IB, Rauls, 38's, Gavs
Style: surf
Gear: North, Ocean Rodeo, Firewire

Postby TommyDuotone » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:25 am

bigtone667 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:10 am
iblocalsurfer wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:45 am
What a waste of a nice wave. Almost like the kiter was running away from the pocket. Totally understandable if the kiter has no wave expedience. However, don't mess it up for the people(surfer in this case) that are there to actually ride waves. JBrooks nailed it.
And yet, the surfer did exactly the same thing as the kiter. Mowed down the line.
At least he wasn't afraid of the pocket. He was an average surfer I agree. But that kiter almost took him out. IMO, the locals were yelling "Puto American"to the kiter for that same reason.

DWX
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Travel only
Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco, St. Peter Ording
Style: free/wave
Gear: ❤️Core/Carved❤️Forever❤️
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby DWX » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:25 am

Pathetic jerks! Jealous and shriveled by envy! Unless these are dwarfs obviously this wave is 3 Times height of riders! You really don’t sound like the tough guy you think you are. Pathetic bitch

Turbaani
Frequent Poster
Gear: -

Postby Turbaani » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:02 am

3 meter wave :lol:
kiter shouldnt be there :rollgrin:
ME ANGRY :angryfire:
those are all my waves :nono:
im gonna call trump

:boxing:

junebug
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 195 lbs
Style: Freeride Twintip, Strapless Foil
Gear: Rebels (6m, 8m, 11m, 13m)
Nobile NHP
Boxers (3.5m, 4m, 5m, 7m, 10m, 12m) (flat water)
Peak4s (3m, 4m, 5m, 6m) (waves)
Lift 150 v1 Surf front / 38 back (flat water)
Lift 170 v1 Surf front / 26 back (waves)

Postby junebug » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:31 am

The rule is, if you are riding the wave and closest to the peak, the wave is yours. It doesn't matter what kind of board you are riding -- paddle-in shortboard, longboard, SUP, tow-in surfboard, twin tip, whatever. The rule is based on safety -- dropping in on someone is hazardous. The surfer clearly dropped in on the kiter and created a hazard.

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:56 am

Had to watch it agan..
. What I'd give to ride that on a twin tip, let alone surf it. I'd say it is one of the best kiting waves of it's kind I ever saw.. ( a la freight trains Maui or Kirra Australia) shame it happens once every 10 years? (My Guess.. )

My opinion.. don't drop in unless u been snaked by the same rider already a couple of times... Doesn't matter what craft u are riding. We would call it 6-8ft, in our terms that is big.

DWX
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Travel only
Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco, St. Peter Ording
Style: free/wave
Gear: ❤️Core/Carved❤️Forever❤️
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby DWX » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:42 am

junebug wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:31 am
The rule is, if you are riding the wave and closest to the peak, the wave is yours. It doesn't matter what kind of board you are riding -- paddle-in shortboard, longboard, SUP, tow-in surfboard, twin tip, whatever. The rule is based on safety -- dropping in on someone is hazardous. The surfer clearly dropped in on the kiter and created a hazard.
BS, the kiter didn’t touch anyone & didn’t create a hazard! I never feel threatened by bigger & faster windsurfers as the swoosh by. I’m more frightened by fellow kite surfers who are slower & negligent or showing off!

Surfers club each other all the time fighting for waves bc they are slower. It’s their stupid game. With the Kite you have advantages: better speed & control. NO HAZARD to be seen anywhere, just little peepee Guys crying foul bc a faster boy flew by.🙄 The kind of Guys who usually run to their preferred dictator-mommy for protection like the Turbani above. Chickenshit!

The kiter ran smoothly past the two surfers (that’s how many I counted), no hazard to anyone! paddling surfers regularly injure each other; crowded waves are always a problem; if you know what you are doing and don’t run into others, it’s all fair game! As always, however, common sense is harder for some 🙄

junebug
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 195 lbs
Style: Freeride Twintip, Strapless Foil
Gear: Rebels (6m, 8m, 11m, 13m)
Nobile NHP
Boxers (3.5m, 4m, 5m, 7m, 10m, 12m) (flat water)
Peak4s (3m, 4m, 5m, 6m) (waves)
Lift 150 v1 Surf front / 38 back (flat water)
Lift 170 v1 Surf front / 26 back (waves)

Postby junebug » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:11 am

DWX wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:42 am
junebug wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:31 am
BS, the kiter didn’t touch anyone & didn’t create a hazard! I never feel threatened by bigger & faster windsurfers as the swoosh by. I’m more frightened by fellow kite surfers who are slower & negligent or showing off!

Surfers club each other all the time fighting for waves bc they are slower. It’s their stupid game. With the Kite you have advantages: better speed & control. NO HAZARD to be seen anywhere, just little peepee Guys crying foul bc a faster boy flew by.🙄 The kind of Guys who usually run to their preferred dictator-mommy for protection like the Turbani above. Chickenshit!

The kiter ran smoothly past the two surfers (that’s how many I counted), no hazard to anyone! paddling surfers regularly injure each other; crowded waves are always a problem; if you know what you are doing and don’t run into others, it’s all fair game! As always, however, common sense is harder for some 🙄
I think you misread my post. I said the SURFER created the hazard by dropping in on the KITER.

or6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 81
Local Beach: Wijk aan zee, Zandmotor, Hoek and in between
Favorite Beaches: Muriwai NZ, El Medano Tenerife, la Ventana México, Hood River, Portland area, Vancouver Island, Wijk aan Zee, Moulay Bouzerktoun
Style: Waveriding
Gear: RRD Religion 4 meter, 5 and 7 meter Kauper XT Maverick, 9 meter Core GTS6, Ben Wilson Vibe 9, Peter Lynn Phantom v2 9, Appletree Klokhouse Noseless 5'3", Wanted Pure 6'0", Shinn Bronq Heritage, Gong Foil

Postby or6 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:49 am

Thing is, everybody's bit quick with their judgment. While it's true that the kiteboarder had the wave, and the surfer shouldn't have dropped in.... according to the rules....we are missing context. For all I know there's 50 surfers waiting for a wave, and five kiters taking turns, hogging the ride.

Looks like a shitload of fun, that's for sure.

Return to “Kitesurfing”