tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: High wind surfboard to add to my nugget

Postby tautologies » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:24 am

Do-it wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:33 am
naish boards are retardedly expensive, therefor you can't depend on people's opinion of them. No one is going to asmit they dropped twice as much money on a piece of shit board that rides similar to another for half the price. Plus, taunt hasn't ridden aNY thing but naish since the late 90's anyway.
Have you ridden the wrong board in big waves?
The new Global is $975 with high quality fins and straps. The Go-To is 865.00. If you get a firewire it is $899 with no hardware. Slingshots are about that too, if I remember correctly. North boards usually comes in at a higher price point.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby clint2070 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:41 am

I agree with knotwindy just get your hands on anything thats around 19' wide. Boards that are more narrow will hinder your learning curve. As far as the North Contact goes, it was my first directional. I had the 2009 ? it was impossible to learn to jibe on ! After being on that I tried a fish and immediately started improving. When I was in Tarifa I rented the Tomb vanguard and the Naish skater. They both do really well in beach breaks like where you're at. The parabolic rails help you go up wind and here great for learning strapless airs !

keviene
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Rota, Spain
Favorite Beaches: Rota,Tarifa
Style: Freeride
Gear: North Evo 12m 09
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby keviene » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:47 pm

Thanks all, i'll try to try a wam, smaller whip, noise global and some friends have f one mitu and also HB and axis boards.

Return to “Kitesurfing”