Local Beach: Golden Gardens, Richmond Beach, Double Bluff
Favorite Beaches: Double Bluff, The Hatchery, Damon Point
Style: Freeride
Gear: Naish, Board Riding Maui
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Nonsuch Bay resort/Green Island Antigua

Postby Osprey1 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:17 pm

I’m looking into booking a week in Antigua this January. I have a non-liter wife and two kids under 4. Would the Nonsuch Bay resort be a good option where I can kite a couple hours in the morning before spending the rest of the day with family?

I’m looking to ideally be able to kite from the hotel while wife watches kids at the pool. Also, is the hotel good location or is it too remote from other activities on the island?

Thanks for the intel.

rjkritzer
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Lakes Bay
Favorite Beaches: OBX, TCI, Jersey Shore, St. Croix
Gear: Kitelement split board, Cabrinha SB (6, 9, 12) Contra 15m. LF Impulse Foil, Clouds

Re: Nonsuch Bay resort/Green Island Antigua

Postby rjkritzer » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:08 pm

I have only been to Antigua 2 times, and for what its worth, kited at both Green Island and Jabberwock Beach. At Nonsuch, you are pretty isolated, but the island is not hard to get around on if you have a car - most drives from Nonsuch to other points would be about 30 minutes.

Green Island is about a 15 minute boat ride that leaves from Nonsuch - I don't think you can kite directly off the beach at the hotel, but you can check with them. At Green Island the water is beautiful in a small area then you are pretty much in the deep water bay. It is pretty nice.

I also would suggest a trip up to Jabberwock for a change of scenery. There is a good kiteschool there, and you may get to kite with some pros. The beach there is much bigger and nice kiting.

bpchilds
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Long Island
Gear: Cabrinha/DaKine
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nonsuch Bay resort/Green Island Antigua

Postby bpchilds » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:08 am

Stayed at Nonsuch Resort last January and had the best time. Staff is great. Food is good, and love the house drinks. 40knots is the onsite kiting company that takes care of you at Green Island. Beautiful. Only downfall is the area in which you kite is kite of small compared to my east coast here (Long Island and OBX) Sill an epic time. The team at 40knots is topnotch and looking forward to seeing them again soon.

B

Return to “Kitesurfing”