Finally got some time to get this done today. It was a lot easier than I thought. I took some pictures, so hopefully this might help someone else out, and so you can critisize my work. But here is the run down of how it went down.
First, brushed out all the sand in the cracks with a dry paint brush. Then hand sanded with 60 grit sandpaper.
Then taped up the edges with masking tape.
Used a 4 dollar epoxy and hardener from Lowes, called Devcon. Which is supposed to be good for fiberglass, but some reports saying that it turns yellow in the sun. I don't care about this because this is going in between a layer of plastic and a layer of fiberglass, so on it goes!
Those little clamps where 47 cents at home depot, why not?
After it dried I filled in any lose edges with more epoxy so no water leaks in. Then I peeled off the masking tape, which revealed these little air pockets that I still don't know how to get rid of, I guess if I would have mixed more epoxy and let it drip into the cracks instead of trying to smear it in with a mixing stick might have been better.
After it got tacky I wiped off any expoxy dripping off the sides hoping it would save time sanding.
Overall, I am satisfied with the end result, it sucks I couldn't get everything perfectly flat with no air bubbles, but I wanted the edges flat and that's what I got. All for under 10 bucks! All I have to do now is resand the edges smooth, which isn't much, and if any water leaks in, then bleed it out and repatch. And there's only 1 way to test that
Thanks again for the helpful advice everyone! It is now time to ride!