Style: All
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Buoy Wear Floating Hat for Kiters

Postby Jruffing » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:35 pm

Hey guys & girls!

I invented a hat for kiters and all water enthusiasts to wear on and off the water that FLOATS! After losing dozens of hats and always riding with the heavy weight of anxiety :lol: that at any moment I could lose my hat in a crash. I decided to create a hat that floats to free me of this burden.. Check out our webpage for all the different styles we offer and content.

We just released them and they are selling fast, as a lot of fisherman are catching on to the hat. So, get on there and get the color you like before they go.

WWW.BUOYWEAR.COM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5T6w7F28GQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5T6w7F28GQ
Attachments
Orange_banner_Web.jpg
half_half_pool.jpg

Bushflyr
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: OR Razor 7m
Caution Spitfire 9m, 10m
Firewire Vanguard 5' 4"
Naish Global 5' 10"
Shinn Monk

Re: Buoy Wear Floating Hat for Kiters

Postby Bushflyr » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:55 pm

"First Ever Floating Hat"? Really. That's funny because all my ball caps and my airSUP hat and my Adams sun hat and my Tilley hat float. Methinks your claim to be utter bullshit.

TommyDuotone
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: IB, Rauls, 38's, Gavs
Style: surf
Gear: North, Ocean Rodeo, Firewire

Postby TommyDuotone » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:51 am

I've lost a few baseball caps over the last few years. Sometimes I find them washed up on shore, however, very hard to find in the surf since the cap usually stays a bit submerged. Would love to see a cap without the mesh in the back since sun protection is the main reason I wear it. If there was no mesh, I would be a buyer. The Dakine water caps work pretty well too. But, they look kinda goofy with your ears covered and really goofy, and less effective, when the bill flips up. Good luck with your product. :thumb:

Jruffing
Rare Poster
Local Beach: El Cuyo, Mexico

Postby Jruffing » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:03 pm

"First Ever Floating Hat"? Really. That's funny because all my ball caps and my airSUP hat and my Adams sun hat and my Tilley hat float. Methinks your claim to be utter bullshit.

Our hat floats above the surface of the water and are extremely buoyant. I can do a test comparison in the ocean of buoyancy and ability to locate the hat based on the hats ability to float. First ever buoyant hat YES. I can change that language there.. but I stand behind my hat. Definitely not utter bullshit as there is no hat that floats above the waters surface. See this video below on a test with the Tilly hat. It sits at the surface and does not come out of the water. Trying to find that in any type of whitewash, wave or choppy water is very difficult. Maybe I should add "Truly the first ever floating hat"? or buoyant hat...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxHJqoiZFoQ

Jruffing
Rare Poster

Postby Jruffing » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:06 pm

iblocalsurfer wrote: I've lost a few baseball caps over the last few years. Sometimes I find them washed up on shore, however, very hard to find in the surf since the cap usually stays a bit submerged. Would love to see a cap without the mesh in the back since sun protection is the main reason I wear it. If there was no mesh, I would be a buyer. The Dakine water caps work pretty well too. But, they look kinda goofy with your ears covered and really goofy, and less effective, when the bill flips up. Good luck with your product. :thumb:
Yes, I ride quite a bit yearly (200 + days) and lose dozens of hats. That is correct, I agree with you that hats will stay a bit submerged or just at the surface.

We plan to make a non mesh back very soon for additional releases! I appreciated the kind words and hope we can get you on board for a new hat.

More versions are coming out to innovate that exact issue you speak of above too ;) .. cant wait to have those caps come out, sign up for the newsletter and watch for updated products. :D

Jruffing
Rare Poster

Postby Jruffing » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:32 pm

This is another reason the hats float so well.. Resistance and non-retention of water.
Attachments
camo continuous.gif

Return to “Kitesurfing”