Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Tarifa to Vladivostok

Forum for kitesurfers
Bole
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Alarcon Lake (150km east from Madrid)
Style: Freeride, a bit of freestyle
Gear: 2013 Ozone c4 10m, 2011 Ozone Frenzy 11m, 2009 North Rebel 11m, 2013 Airush VXR 15m

Crazyfly Raptor 2009, Rossignol Soul 7 HD 2017
Brand Affiliation: None

Tarifa to Vladivostok

Postby Bole » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:15 pm

Hi guys,

I have a long adventure kind of a trip planned from Tarifa to Vladivostok with a micro camper van. On the way I want to do both kitesurf and snowkite, documenting the activities, locations, interesting moments and editing them in a form of a vlog. It will take approximately 4, 5 months to complete and I will start on 24th of February 2018.

I wanted to share the story here to get some insights and information on the spots from the locals, or enthusiasts who already visited some of the locations along my path, and, in general, what ever form of support I can get. Here is the path (passing through: Spain, Andorra, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia and Russia, and depending on the excitement/funds at the end, I may cross to Japan or South Korea with a ferry):

The plan came as a product of 5 years of office routine and general saturation with the corporate world. I want to do my trip, do the things I love, reach Vladivostok and symbolically eat my tie once there. Office rat escaping the cage. As I am already planning on entering many water surfaces on the way (will have a SUP board and touring ski setup for the no wind days) I would like to raise awareness of the state of the waters I come across, from a viewpoint of a layman wishing to improve something that bothers him deeply. Here, the obvious would be the plastic and other types of pollution in the seas, rivers and lakes on this Atlantic-Pacific crossing, but still working on details.

Any help/advice on spots along the way, ideas and so on, and I’m forever grateful.

Best,
Bojan
Last edited by Bole on Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Tarifa to Vladivostok

Postby Toby » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:35 pm

That's an amazing trip Bojan!

Looking forward to your adventures!

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Hood River; La Ventana; Ocean Park, PR; SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9/13m, SST 4/5m, UFO 3/5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Flysurfer 2cool 6m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses/RDB 70/90/101cm masts with 1200/860/800/730/600 kitefoil or 2200/1700/1400 wingfoil wings and 310/230/425 stabilizers, Naish MicroChip 80cm, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 100, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Turbine 9/13m, 20” Guardian bar, 1700 sq.cm wing/fuselage/stabilizer fitting Moses mast

Postby grigorib » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:00 pm

That should be a great getaway!
Keep a good dash cam running, both for safety and footage. Think of all the hiking precautions (like “don’t smell like food to animals”, have source of fire and heat, keep a stock of water and dry food). Pepper spray might be helpful, a satellite-based emergency beacon, couple of knives (make sure they have no guard so don’t get seized by customs somewhere as “lethal weapons”). Basic first aid kit; kite shops contacts along the way so you can call and order parts if needed.
Pretty safe route as it seems to me, you’ll have fun (Don’t keep weed with you or in the car, it might get you in trouble).

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ludmil » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:23 am

Bole wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:15 pm
Hi guys,

I have a long adventure kind of a trip planned from Tarifa to Vladivostok with a micro camper van. On the way I want to do both kitesurf and snowkite, documenting the activities, locations, interesting moments and editing them in a form of a vlog. It will take approximately 4, 5 months to complete and I will start on 24th of February 2018.

I wanted to share the story here to get some insights and information on the spots from the locals, or enthusiasts who already visited some of the locations along my path, and, in general, what ever form of support I can get. Here is the path (passing through: Spain, Andorra, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Mongolia and Russia, and depending on the excitement/funds at the end, I may cross to Japan or South Korea with a ferry):

The plan came as a product of 5 years of office routine and general saturation with the corporate world. I want to do my trip, do the things I love, reach Vladivostok and symbolically eat my tie once there. Office rat escaping the cage. As I am already planning on entering many water surfaces on the way (will have a SUP board and touring ski setup for the no wind days) I would like to raise awareness of the state of the waters I come across, from a viewpoint of a layman wishing to improve something that bothers him deeply. Here, the obvious would be the plastic and other types of pollution in the seas, rivers and lakes on this Atlantic-Pacific crossing, but still working on details.

Any help/advice on spots along the way, ideas and so on, and I’m forever grateful.

Best,
Bojan
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:19 am

You are a Legend Bojan! I think the most dangerous part is Italy :)

I always watch Turkey from the plane when crossing over to the EU, gorgeous beaches from above!

All the best and good luck!

ChickenD!ken
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: It’s MY beach.
Favorite Beaches: Empty ones
Style: Sodomite Stance/Forbidden Footjob
Gear: Your mother aka “My Unholy Armada”
Brand Affiliation: Corporate espionage’s Inspector Clouseau
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby ChickenD!ken » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:51 am

Wow! Potential road trip of a lifetime. Safe travels!

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:27 am

You are one lucky man ... Safe trip !!!

Bole
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Alarcon Lake (150km east from Madrid)
Style: Freeride, a bit of freestyle
Gear: 2013 Ozone c4 10m, 2011 Ozone Frenzy 11m, 2009 North Rebel 11m, 2013 Airush VXR 15m

Crazyfly Raptor 2009, Rossignol Soul 7 HD 2017

Postby Bole » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:26 am

Thank you all for these positive feedback. This is my first forum post ever, so it gets me additionally pumped up.

downunder Yes! If I order a wrong coffee at a wrong time it will bring trouble… with a reverse palm 3-finger wave off… :D
I think the nice part of Turkey you saw was the Aegean and Mediterranean. I don’t think many people there go to the Black sea, as they have a lot of the nice part. So there ill maybe just enter in Sinop, to check it off the list. Although, in the Dardanelles it would be exciting with all that boat/Russian submarines etc. traffic and kiting between Asia and Europe sounds amazing, I’m pretty sure its forbidden... I may still try to sneak my way in though.

ChickenD!ken Thats what I had in mind while planning, to be that guy at the table who immediately shuts off any potentially interesting story... like a real d...k hehe

Ludmil Varna is a bit off my course, but if you have some spots (both for kite and snowkite) on the way from Sofia to Turkey, that would be of great help. And also if you want to join me for a session somewhere in March if you are around, would be nice.

grigorib Thanks for the useful tips, some of them I overlooked.

Thanks again all, this means a great deal.

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:57 am

It might be worth a shot to contact Jaros from SL, and direnc from TR, both active on this forum...They both know me via email.

Best

D.

John Doe
Medium Poster
Gear: The cheap kind.

Postby John Doe » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:57 am

Do it. That looks like an awesome adventure. I'm sure it would make an amazing blog. Sounds like a wonderful idea. Good luck!!! Keep us posted!!!

Return to “Kitesurfing”