Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

ION CS Wave Harness, waiting but not sure now.

Forum for kitesurfers
jonysan
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Saunton, Weston S Mare, Bournemouth
Favorite Beaches: La Morne Mauritius, anywhere warm
Style: Wave , hopefully smooth,
Gear: Naish Pivots and Slash, F-One Mitu 5'4, F-One Mitu 5'8, old Naish 5'4 Quad (like a guided missile!),
Brand Affiliation: None

ION CS Wave Harness, waiting but not sure now.

Postby jonysan » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:09 pm

Hi, Have been waiting for a few months for the ION CS Wave harness to come into stock/Buy. after reading posts about ION harness's wearing badly, straps fraying,
Starting to doubt the purchase.
Any owner reviews of the CS Wave, or experiences with ION harnesses.
I have owned ION wetsuits and they have been really good.

Thanks

balticswell
Medium Poster

Re: ION CS Wave Harness, waiting but not sure now.

Postby balticswell » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:38 pm

Hi, can you please share a link with these negative reviews? I just got the new CS Freeride, did not use it yet, but the harness looks realy nice and well built. Can't imagine that there are any issues with the straps as they are exact the same as last years models. I used the new hook with the plate (I ordered it separately for the CS Wave as I dont like this sliding rope thing) for several times now on my old harness - cant say anything bad on it.

jonysan
Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish Pivots and Slash, F-One Mitu 5'4, F-One Mitu 5'8, old Naish 5'4 Quad (like a guided missile!),

Postby jonysan » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:51 pm

Hi , The links are
viewtopic.php?t=2398433&p=1000679
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2392034&sid=f73905e ... 0f2d041584

That's good news that you like it, and the quality looks good, I have seen the CS Freeride, and it does look well made. About to order a CS Wave, as I like the narrower fit, and also the rope spreader, but slightly concerned about the above Topics about wear, ION have probably got it sorted on the new CS range !

Thanks.

harppa
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Epic spots of the northshores of Finland
Gear: Eleveight kites, Brunotti boards, ION neoprene and Moses hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Running a school and importing Eleveight, Brunotti, Peter Lynn, ION, Shark SUP and few others.
Has thanked: 0

Postby harppa » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:10 pm

Biased as hell but we have moved hundreds of ION harnesses with 2 broken ones so far. OK both issues were as in the complaints but by my experience changes of that happening are slim. And then again how many manufacturers have clean track record?

jonysan
Frequent Poster

Postby jonysan » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:03 pm

Hi Harppa, I am very glad my business doesn't depend on social media/forums. I feel bad about asking the question re ION harnesses, but reading the two threads I had slight concerns. Also having bought eighteen months ago an "All singing , all dancing, new style Hard Shell harness" which was supposed to be the ultimate, and then it cracked in two places, I am looking to buy something decent. I don't mind paying, it's the BS I can do without, Thanks for the reply.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:45 pm

As it is known - with enough perseverance even a d@ck can be broken. If the owner is a pig who doesn't care about his gear and/or a retard who doesn't know how to properly adjust straps - no "Ultimate" could help.

With that said, I owned 2 ION harnesses:
1)2013 Vertex - had it for two full seasons - nothing to report.
2)2016 Vertex Select - ended up selling it after a season due to wrong sizing - nothing to report, though the netting on the back was kinda annoying since it acts as a filter and gets filled with all kinds of gunk.

I've just got a CS in Freeride version, have a total of 4 days on it - really nothing to report besides the fact that it requires somewhat of a finer adjustment to these straps. It is also less stiff than some other hardshell harnesses out there, but as far as my back goes - it was the most comfortable and supportive harness to this date.

jonysan
Frequent Poster

Postby jonysan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:13 pm

Thanks for the replies, I have a seven year old Mystic "Warrior" that I have been using since my Hardshell harness cracked, I really look after my kit, and the old Mystic is still going strong.
Seems like the ION CS Wave will be a good choice.

Thanks.

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:25 pm

Jon, check the Mystic Majestic X also ;-)
Been using one all year and love it.

Dan-at-Duotone
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Crazy Beaches
Style: Kooky
Gear: Go
Brand Affiliation: Sales/Marketing/Service for Duotone/Ion in North America

Postby Dan-at-Duotone » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:02 pm

Hey-

As it should say in my signature, I work for Ion, so I'm biased. But I'll say that after many years in different jobs in this industry, every brand has some sort of QC or similar issue at some point. That said, I think Ion does a really good job of consistently building solid, reliable, well designed gear and an equally good job of standing behind any issues that may arise. Keep in mind that we are the world's largest kiteboarding harness producer, so we make many many many thousands of harnesses and I see very few warranty issues and complaints considering our numbers.
I'd say you shouldn't hesitate to purchase any of our products. If you do find yourself having issues down the road and your retailer isn't able to sort you immediately you're always welcome to PM me and I'm happy to do whatever I can to help you out.

-Dan

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands

Postby alford » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:20 pm

Hey Dan,
Can the new CS Wave spreader bar be used on the new CS Hadlow harness? Does the wave use the same ratchet-down tightening system? Thanks

Return to “Kitesurfing”