Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Re: New Takoon SynapS Bar with unique quick release

Postby Da Yoda » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:21 am

Jelle_vw wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:56 pm
One hand? I see 2 hands used in the video.
One hand is required to hold onto the line (line as in depower line/swivel/release sleeve) and the other hand is plugging in the CL. If you aren't holding the line, it's equivalent to plugging into a loose cord. E.g. Just like trying to plug an electric tool into an extension cord... you need two hands to perform this task since both parts are not ridged.
What's different here is the hand holding the line is not having to push up the release sleeve and then reset the lock-pin before letting the release sleeve slide back. Just like mentioned above, it's simply plug in and go, just like a seatbelt. Go to 0:54 in the vid to see this exact action.

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:38 am

Da Yoda wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:21 am
What's different here is the hand holding the line is not having to push up the release sleeve and then reset the lock-pin before letting the release sleeve slide back. Just like mentioned above, it's simply plug in and go, just like a seatbelt. Go to 0:54 in the vid to see this exact action.
Here are two CL systems that DO require both hands to work two components to reengage the CL...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Pf3X_qeRk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_AzehZi2Ao
I like both of these systems because the lock-pin is hidden when the CL is released.

knyfe
Very Frequent Poster

Postby knyfe » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:35 am

LOL - on the marketing
otherwise looks like a clean setup. G

badgb21
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: High Pines - Duxbury
Chapin/Mayflower Cape Cod
Langebaan
Cape Verde
Gear: None
Brand Affiliation: None. - The words of the prophets are written on the forum “walls”-

Postby badgb21 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:10 pm

That was a good spot! - The animators need to get it right.

Good to see red and blue clear on the bar.

NorCalNomad wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:04 am
LOLOLOLOL so much marketing garbage. Why not just say "all the modern features that better bars have had for almost a decade." Also that figure 8 leash attachment is shown misused two times in the video.

trickcoach
Medium Poster
Style: Unhooked
Gear: Switchkites Legacy
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby trickcoach » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:57 pm

NorCalNomad wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:04 am
LOLOLOLOL so much marketing garbage. Why not just say "all the modern features that better bars have had for almost a decade." Also that figure 8 leash attachment is shown misused two times in the video.
actually all they have to say is 1/2 the price of any other major bar with all the same features ...

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:09 pm

Da Yoda wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:54 am
GTC wrote:Unique quick release? :lol:
The only unique feature that I see with this bar is the ability to reload the CL with only one hand (0:48 in the vid). I also like that when the CL opens, the lock-pin folds inward like on North's Iron Heart, eliminating the possibility of an injury from an exposed lock-pin like found on many other release systems.
It also has all of the other popular or preferred features that are now becoming ubiquitous on modern bars (aspects of North and Ozone bars imo). And last, it has the safest and most proven color-way for the bar, so in summary I have to say this new SynapS bar is a very promising addition. Kudos!
But he is using two and to reload. If you are using one hand, it has to be only one hand. You can easily do this on the Naish bars that have been out for years now. Same thing with the hidden pin..Naish has that for 4-5 years now.
The bar looks clean and nice, but no new features.

jmatbastos
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Faro
Gear: naish torch
Been thanked: 0

Postby jmatbastos » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:16 pm

Takoon must replace the quick release system in 2019 (and offer a upgrade spare part for those that have the 2018 synapS bar)! The quick release activates too easily! And the very thin bungee line that holds the trigger is a security risk!

I replaced it with the cabrinha quick release (quickloop) that cost me 100€ more, that does its job perfectly. I simply did not get rid of the Takoon bar and bought a cabrinha bar instead because I like the long depower trim line of the Takoon bar...

Aheahe
Rare Poster
Gear: Ozone - Liquid Force - North
Been thanked: 0

Postby Aheahe » Thu May 23, 2019 5:05 pm

Takoon's new collection 2019 is out now. Here the new 2019 promo clip: http://hanglos.de/news/347203/takoon-20 ... ktion.html.

Return to “Kitesurfing”