Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Re: 2018 Cabrinha Switchblade 10m Issue’s

Postby Cab Driver » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:32 pm

dudleyhayden wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:42 pm
Hi I hope you can help me!!! I have a kite school and only ride Cabrinha! I have found the bar pressure on the 2018 kite and bar severely heavy. I was kiting with a mate the other day and jumped onto his 2017 10m SB and bar and it was way way way lighter feel. No I've also rode the 2017 SB on the 2018 bar and the bar pressure is still severe......my question is did Cabrinha Cabrinha make the little centre steel opening on the 2018 bars smaller than the 2017's?? Do you know if the 2019 bar pressure will be lighter? OR IS IT the stiffness of the 2018 SB frame that is influencing the bar pressure.....I always ride on the A settings on the wingtips as B is too much for me. I jump15-20m jumps. Any advice appreciated thanks. You can also email me direct on lessons@rushkitesurfing.com
Email sent!!

mikelet
Frequent Poster
Style: Yes
Gear: Yes
Brand Affiliation: No

Postby mikelet » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:41 pm

I'm so stoked with my 12m that i added 9m and 7m to my quiver ......it refreshed my kiting appeal again !!
Reminds me the way it flies to my beloved ozone instincts from 2007/2008 but way supercharged ,faster and perfect feel at the bar....
Bar pressure it's not a problem for me , i would say médium in the 12m and médium to light in the smaller sizes...i remind my REOs V3 to have much more bar pressure.....
It's so good specially if you're a big a guy to have a grunty kite that tracks upwind without to work and that feel at the bar ...you can go with the beast tamed but you also have so much horsepower on demand at your hands.... :jump:

dudleyhayden
Rare Poster
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby dudleyhayden » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:54 pm

Thanks Cab driver got your email, It’s VERY much appreciated. You have given me a lot of excellent info re the kite bars and bar pressure! Delighted! Can’t wait to get my 2019 school kites and stock!!!!!

Barryg101
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Tarifa, Obidos & Brouwersdam
Favorite Beaches: Dahkla
Style: Freestyle , Big Air & Megaloops
Gear: Eleveight FS & Cabrinha FX

Postby Barryg101 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:01 am

Cabrinha 2018 switchblades are brilliant !

I work for a hotel in Portugal that use Cabrinha and I must say that the switchblade is just such a fun kite , me and the other instructors love to take them out when the wind picks up and they have the perfect amount of bar pressure..

Of course there is a bit ,as you want to actually feel the kite and not just get tugged by the harness . It's absolutely not heavy bar pressure at all and I can't understand why people refresh this myth of the newer models having huge bar pressure because it's simple not true .

I got a feeling it's just kind of something that's said a lot by people who have never given it a real try ..

I own a f one and eleveight but just love a good session on a switchblade they are awesome

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Postby Dave_5280 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:40 am

No issues - I haven’t noticed anything heavier, the bar seems light to me on my 9 and 11 2018 Switchblades, they turn faster and feel more direct, and I really like them! I finally replace my 2012 Switchblades, nothing was wrong with them either, they last forever, just thought it was time.

Return to “Kitesurfing”