Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ocean Rodeo: The Next Generation is now

Forum for kitesurfers
matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ocean Rodeo: The Next Generation is now

Postby matth » Thu May 03, 2018 4:01 pm

I just ordered a new 12m Flite,gen 6......Best 12m Kite I have ever flown. Everything else feels slow and heavy after riding this kite. I plan on keeping my 5 strut EVO for Gusty days, otherwise I will be rocking the FLITE....

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Thu May 03, 2018 10:25 pm

AJ, thanks for the great review! Found your comment re: the Stick Shift for easy power on / off in the waves quite interesting too! Cheers! JZ

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Thu May 03, 2018 10:31 pm

matth wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 4:01 pm
I just ordered a new 12m Flite,gen 6......Best 12m Kite I have ever flown. Everything else feels slow and heavy after riding this kite. I plan on keeping my 5 strut EVO for Gusty days, otherwise I will be rocking the FLITE....
Welcome to the crew Matth! Stoked to hear you like the 12. The Flite is a very fast turning kite, which is why the larger sizes are all billed as "high performance light wind kites". This translates to sizes 8,10,12 being very zippy and fun to fly. I love the 12 for exactly that reason!

Regarding gusty days - if you have a chance try to jump on the smaller sizes of Roam kite. It was a bit of a funny / unplanned coincidence but with the Roam being such an excellent down the line drifter, we've found that the smaller sizes are also amazing high wind / storm condition kites as they handle the lulls so nicely (falling back and maintaining positive steering)...

JZ

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.