Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Switch Lineup

Forum for kitesurfers
nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Switch Lineup

Postby nothing2seehere » Tue May 08, 2018 9:44 am

Sandras wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:38 pm
I was looking for the best kite for an 1 kite quiver with maximum wind range (Hydrofoil + Twin Tip & long/short line bars).
Up until finding this thread, I was considering an OR Flite but now I tend more towards H3 :thumb: thanks
Interesting to see how you get on with the H3. Based on Felix's useful information, I got the impression the Flite wasn't quite the same style of kite to the H3 (and I was looking into this specifically as my Flite is getting towards its end of life).

The H3 looks more surf based with lower aspect. More about controllable power and drift, and less about shoot you 30 foot into the air kind of behaviour.

To me the Flite seems more a crossover freeride kite, more similar to the Element 6 in use than an out and out surf kite. I'm not implying it can't be a one kite quiver, more that the type of use I get out of a twin tip is a little different from the best characteristics that the H3 has. More kite trip with a convertible surf board than twin tip and foil specific board. Could be wrong though?

hajvar
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Long Beach, NY
Gilgo Beach
Robert Moses
Democrat Point
Tobay
Gear: 2016 Naish Park HD 7m-9m-12m
Switchkites Legacy 2 12m
Tona Flow 140 x 43.3
Ronix Park Boots
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby hajvar » Tue May 08, 2018 10:02 pm

Which sizes of the helium are recommended for foiling?

felixp
Frequent Poster
Gear: Switch
Brand Affiliation: Switch, Firewire

Postby felixp » Wed May 09, 2018 1:12 am

All sizes in the Helium3 range are suited for foiling
This will all depend on your local conditions and your foiling skills.
Attachments
foil.png

lewmt
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mtns

Postby lewmt » Thu May 10, 2018 4:22 am

Recently had my 1st ever real problem with a Switch kite as construction is bomber(this issue wasn't the kite's fault it was mine) - I've just never had more than just a question. So, this was my 1st time to really get a sense of customer service. I have tried a few brands and some I've had a good local guy & some I've been so disappointed I'll never go back to that brand.

The service, response time & thoroughness to my inquiry was well beyond what I had hoped for. The part I needed arrived way quicker than I expected. I couldn't have asked for better response or replacement from a local dealer. I'm totally impressed!

_Jakobie
Rare Poster
Local Beach: North shores, Denmark
Gear: Switch gear. 9+12M Nitro6, 9+12m Element6, 16m Helium3, Brunotti Youri Zoon 140x43 2017, SP straps.

Postby _Jakobie » Thu May 10, 2018 4:23 pm

Helium3 Review!

Rider size and gear:
-140x43 Youri Zoon 2017 board.
-Helium3 16m 2018.
-Helmet, harness, impactvest and wetsuit.
-Rider Weight + gear wet: 101 kg.

Wind and conditions: 10-13kn.
NO TIDE ASSISTANCE, as the session is sat from 1900 - 2100 (TIDE is from 1200-1700, infromation from habour messure)

The H3 is one amazing light-wind kite in the size of 16m, never have I tryed riding in 10 knots on a TT and kept going! My setting are always factory set with 20 or 22m lines, today was 22m. The thing that caught me was that the Helium3 was so easy to launch, I must be honnest I was a little scared on my way to the spot knowing I was going out alone BUT!
I had help, so I did two self launch and landings and about 10 with help to test the ease of the "drag" for the person who holdes the kite. The kite is a little hard to turn around, but hello... Its 16m! :)

On the water, the Helium3 has very quick in respond, riding on the 55cm bar I had no problem steering the kite with ease getting that snappy feeling then turning and just riding.
When freeriding and jumping. The quickness WILL suprice you.

Getting out in 10-13 knots with a 16m you suspect the kite to fall out of the air, that is not the case with the H3! When you get it up there its just sits I tryed a lot of stupid things to get it to fall, running towards it and it just drift after you.. Plain and simple with no sound at all, wobbeling, collapsing or anything, just hanging there, ready to get on the water!

Bar pressure: The bar pressure on the lightest setting, is medium, you have no trouble holding it. The H3 gives you that real kite feeling.

Relaunch/Self-launch: This kite is easy to relaunch. Its between the Element6 and H2 (H2 is harder), For the size the kite is steady with no jumping up and down or turning over. Water start is as easy as a 9 or 12m kite i think, no problem at all, the kite turns smooth and go up like nothing have happend.

Drift: If you let go of the bar, the kite will follow the same dirrection or go up to 12. Didnt go to the edge of the window as I thought. When you got it, it keeps going. I am not a specific wave rider or foil rider, so cant say so much about it other what I mean about a kite that drifts.

Boost: On a skale on 1-10 (10 is boosting to the moon): I will give it a 6, Not saying that the kite do not boost, it sure does, for a big kite I managed to get 6 meters of air in 10-13 knots, thats pretty good for a big kite with a heavy rider, compared to the Helium2 it have much more smooth lift and LOT more hangtime, you know there the kite is and the hangtime is forever getting 4-5 seconds on such small jumps.
I really like how the Helium3 preform, its different from what you usally gets in just a big kite.

If you like to go out in like zero wind on a TT, get the H3 16m - NO DOUBT!

Ease of use: For riders who like a smooth ride and responsive steering, want to go out and enjoy an evening summer day on a TT and just want to have fun, this is the perfect kite, I think Switch did a really nice job with this Helium3.
From the H2 -> H3 there is a uge difference in riding, you can really feel the kite and have fun.

Video to show -> https://goo.gl/EQJhNZ

topmick
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sunshine Coast
Favorite Beaches: Cotton Tree
Style: surf
FireWire

Postby topmick » Sun May 13, 2018 11:33 am

If there's anyone that has a Element6 5m (one strut) & could let me know the weight of this kite please ?
I,m thinking these one strut kites could be great for high wind foiling.

Demy182
Rare Poster
Local Beach: puntapellaro
Gear: switch legacy

Postby Demy182 » Wed May 23, 2018 5:25 pm

anyone know the length of the depower of bar c4x?

felixp
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: Switch, Firewire

Postby felixp » Thu May 24, 2018 3:53 am

You will find info on.
http://switchkites.com/controller4x.html
"48cm of depower throw of super durable plastic coated depower rope that slides effortlessly through the bar."

Demy182
Rare Poster
Local Beach: puntapellaro
Gear: switch legacy

Postby Demy182 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:19 am

felixp wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 3:53 am
You will find info on.
http://switchkites.com/controller4x.html
"48cm of depower throw of super durable plastic coated depower rope that slides effortlessly through the bar."

I would need the measure from the cleamcleat up to the trim handle

TangTonic
Rare Poster
Local Beach: St. Croix
Style: all
Gear: Wainman

Shinn

Postby TangTonic » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:32 pm

I have never ridden or seen a Switch kite. Been riding Wainman for years and decided its time to "switch" it up.

I ordered a Element 6 10m the based on the good things I've read about it.

So far, the good commuter service I have read about, I have not experienced. Let me explain.

I ordered the kite and received the email confirmation. It's now been three days and my cart shows empty and no orders on the website under my profile. On their website, the only way to contact them is through chat. They list no email or phone number. So I started chatting with someone named Felix, maybe same person posting here? He said they were changing website and that was why it showed no orders for my profile. He indicated that he would email me an update on my order.

I have yet to receive anything regarding a status update. Been trying to chat with someone on website but have been in queue for hours now.

So far as a new customer, this is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth. I could have ordered a kite from someone else and it would be in the mail on its way to me already. Looks like I won't be able to take advantage of the good wind coming next week. :angryfire:

Return to “Kitesurfing”