Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Looking for kiters in upstate New York

Forum for kitesurfers
IslandGirl1990
Rare Poster
Local Beach: I currently live in St Kitts, West Indies in the caribbean. I learned how to kiteboard here. We ride at Turtle Beach, Frigate Bay, Dieppe Bay, and North Friars Beach. We also travel to the neighboring sister island and kite Herbert's beach and lover's beach.
Favorite Beaches: Turtle Beach, St Kitts.
Herbert's Beach, Nevis
Gear: Liquid Force Envy 9M and 12M
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Looking for kiters in upstate New York

Postby IslandGirl1990 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:21 am

Hello everyone!
I've been kiteboarding since 2015. I picked it up when I was living in St Kitts in the Caribbean for 2.5 years. I moved to Ohio for all of last year and tried out Alum Creek State Park as well as Lake Erie. I'm now in uppstate New York for the long haul and I'm looking for some new friends to meet up with and show me the ropes in the local spots. I hear Lake Sacandaga is a good spot? It's about an hour and a half from me and would make for a good weekend trip. I live about an hour north of Albany.

I'm also interested in snowkiting once the winter roles back around but would also like some friends to help me out getting started on land/snow.

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to meeting new people! =)

Krystal

Jacob508Sports
Rare Poster
Gear: None yet

Re: Looking for kiters in upstate New York

Postby Jacob508Sports » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:14 pm

Old post, but maybe still looking some some riders?
Hello, Im originally from the Tug Hill area and moving back at the end of the month. I am looking to get into Kiteboarding and trying to find some people who have knowledge of the upstate area and what gear i should be looking into. I have read and watched over 100hrs of material and ready to dive in. If you have any advice, or possibly would be willing to meet up after i get a few lessons, would be awesome!! Im pretty sure i can catch on quick. In the winter ill be doing some kiteskiing.

Im 6'0'' and 215lbs

Electricsnail
Has thanked: 0

Postby Electricsnail » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:59 am

I’m in the adks always looking for people to kite with. I am pretty new but have all my own gear. Michael.brett.klein at Gmail
These users thanked the author Electricsnail for the post:
Jacob508Sports (Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:19 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

laf1greg
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Montreal Canada
Favorite Beaches: plattsburgh NY
Style: freestyle
Gear: north

Postby laf1greg » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:44 pm

I live in Montréal and I go very often to lake champlain especialy in the fall it's VERY good

On south forecast in the summer the lake is usually very windy, check here for forecasts :

https://igetwind.com/spot/north-america ... lattsburgh
These users thanked the author laf1greg for the post:
Jacob508Sports (Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:14 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Kitesurfing”