Forum for kitesurfers
Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Big Air, Kiteloops, Hydrofoil, Wave
Gear: Eleveight

Seat Harness vs Waist Harness for Racing

Postby Kitemanmuc » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:19 pm

So, i get that all the racers are using seat harnesses for racing, but i just cant seem to get comfortable in them. Tried them all and i keep going back to my ride engine. I wanted to ask some of the experienced racers, do you think there is a BIG advantage to the seat harness, or do you think that with the technology from todays hardshell waist harnesses, the benefits of a seat are minimal?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Ozone R1V2 15m

Re: Seat Harness vs Waist Harness for RACING

Postby Mossy 757 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:56 pm

Seat harness 4 life!

I use a Dakine Vegas harness with a Dynabar. When properly fitted and tightened, it doesn't ride up and puts all the load below my midline where my body hinges. This allows all the kite traction to be directed through my hips into my quads down into the board, instead of being above my waist where my body naturally hinges like with a waist harness.

Totally necessary to going fast with a hydrofoil, I've not seen someone in a waist harness go downwind with the correct posture given where the harness pulls from.

Given your post, it seems you're frustrated that you've not found one that fits comfortably. Check out the Vega if so...

Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Big Air, Kiteloops, Hydrofoil, Wave
Gear: Eleveight

Re: Seat Harness vs Waist Harness for RACING

Postby Kitemanmuc » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:44 pm

Mossy 757 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:56 pm
Seat harness 4 life!

I use a Dakine Vegas harness with a Dynabar. When properly fitted and tightened, it doesn't ride up and puts all the load below my midline where my body hinges. This allows all the kite traction to be directed through my hips into my quads down into the board, instead of being above my waist where my body naturally hinges like with a waist harness.

Totally necessary to going fast with a hydrofoil, I've not seen someone in a waist harness go downwind with the correct posture given where the harness pulls from.

Given your post, it seems you're frustrated that you've not found one that fits comfortably. Check out the Vega if so...
Ok! Will do! Thanks!

Return to “Kitesurfing”