Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Core Sensor Bar 3 release

Postby t_huebs » Sun May 31, 2020 12:28 am

Ice101 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 7:23 am
michikite wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:15 pm
can you use the new quick release on a Sensor 2 bar?
Yes will they do an upgradable release?
From Core when I asked a couple of months ago
yes, it is possible, but the Depower-, Power- , Safetyline and the front lines has to be replaced to make sure everything works safely.

The set costs EUR 379.00 including installation at our premises.
After some follow up, they're not going to sell an upgrade kit for anyone to do it at home.

notamondayperson
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: Castelldefels, Sant Pere Pescador
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Freeride - Old school
Gear: Core XR6 12M
Core XR5 9m
Core XR4 7m
Core XR4 15m
Core Sensor 3+ Bar
Board: Clash Reincarnation 140cm

Postby notamondayperson » Sun May 31, 2020 9:04 am

CaptainCore wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 10:11 pm
Rumour has it they're shipping next week at long last...
I was just told delivery has been delayed a month aprox...

CaptainCore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Seabrook Kent
Favorite Beaches: Nyali - Kenya
Style: Old School
Gear: Core Nexus. Fusion 4, Moses
Brand Affiliation: Gods own Core.

Postby CaptainCore » Sun May 31, 2020 6:32 pm

notamondayperson wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 9:04 am
CaptainCore wrote:
Well that's true, they were originally slated for May 1st delivery, which they revised to June 1st, so could be anytime soon.

notamondayperson
Rare Poster
Core XR5 9m
Core XR4 7m
Core XR4 15m
Core Sensor 3+ Bar

Postby notamondayperson » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:27 pm

CaptainCore wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 6:32 pm
notamondayperson wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 9:04 am
CaptainCore wrote:
Well that's true, they were originally slated for May 1st delivery, which they revised to June 1st, so could be anytime soon.
Sorry I misexplained myself. On Friday i was told that the delivery of the v3 bar would take place in 3-4 weeks from Friday, not that the launch was delayed a from May first to June First.
Not an issue as I was given a sensor v2 bar in the meantime by the dealer, so not complaining, just informing.

CaptainCore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Seabrook Kent
Favorite Beaches: Nyali - Kenya
Style: Old School
Gear: Core Nexus. Fusion 4, Moses
Brand Affiliation: Gods own Core.

Postby CaptainCore » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:03 am

Well I checked my email again and I had a notification tail end of last week that they were going to start shipping later this week.

notamondayperson
Rare Poster
Core XR5 9m
Core XR4 7m
Core XR4 15m
Core Sensor 3+ Bar

Postby notamondayperson » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:51 am

CaptainCore wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:03 am
Well I checked my email again and I had a notification tail end of last week that they were going to start shipping later this week.
Cool. Maybe they have a long backlog of requests and that's why mine takes a bit longer.
I have to say I'm very satisfied with Core response on this, as they offered me a Sensor S2 Pro bar while my bar gets deliver so I can fly my XR6.

notamondayperson
Rare Poster
Core XR5 9m
Core XR4 7m
Core XR4 15m
Core Sensor 3+ Bar

Postby notamondayperson » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:55 pm

So I finally got the bar and after 3 weeks of intensive use I can give an honest report.
Disclaimer: This review is based on the bar i got, the Sensor3 +, it does not mean all core 3 bars have same problems. Also English is not main language so excuses if i can't explain myself properly.

• The new quick release system works very well, I had to eject a couple of times and it worked like a charm.I do prefer this system versus the rotatory one
    Downside: The stopper ball/leash attachment on safety line broke. That meant I couldn't attach the leash as the stopper ball also had the leash attachment. That's something you wouldn't expect from a 500+ euros bar. I had to add a carabiner from the 1€ shop to be able to attach the leash to the safety line.
  • The bar feels very light and compact, not as light as the Pro but still.
  • Lines feel super smooth and top quality.The color code is super clear. I do prefer yellow to red, as is much more recognizable. Same with floaters
  • On usage, the bar feels smooth and connected to the kite.After 2h of session my hands do not feel sore from grabbing the bar
  • The auto untwist doesn't look as cool as the ceramic one on Sensor 2, but it works very well and it has less fuss and pieces prone to break
  • The small chicken loop is very compact and I love it but the stick looks weak. As the chicken loop is so small, the stick has to be forced into the harness and it's already starting to "separate" from the chicken loop. I hope it lasts more than the stopper ball
  • The bar size adjustments are tight and not easy to unlock. You have to push real hard to unlock it.A bit annoying but manageable
  • The stealth winders do not open while ridding but they are super easy to unlock to "pack" the lines, even on water for auto-rescue.
  • The power/Depower trim is super smooth and it auto-sticks to the Velcro.No more hanging of the depower rope and clinging or tangling on the lines. I'm not very tall (170cm) and i can reach it without a problem
  • The bag has lost of zipped pockets to have spare lines, tools, repair pack etc..it fits Core kitebag very well, and does not get sand in it as it is open.
  • SOLVED: IT WAS DUE TO NOT HAVING THE STOPPER BALL, I ONCE I REPLACED IT'S NOT HAPPENING ANYMORE, And now to the worst part: The plastic sliders(ANTI-SLIP COATING??) that go through the holes in the bar (sorry not sure how to express this better) don't have enough room to slide smoothly nad there's friction. If you move the bar up and down, unattached or without tension, you can hear the sound of the friction between the plastic lines and the bar. That shouldn't be a problem but I had the kite crash several times and, on water, the bar stays at mid position instead of going full depower when left untouched. I have to push the bar to the top/full depower manually and then pull direction lines to recover the kite. This is very annoying. I do not recall having this issue with sensor2 pro or other bars.

TLDR: My bar does not meet Core expected quality level, it seems a bit rushed on manufacturing and with some production flaws ( stopper ball & center plastic lines)
Last edited by notamondayperson on Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author notamondayperson for the post (total 2):
Havre (Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:16 pm) • zlatko23 (Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:26 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:19 pm

Great post. Thanks.

I'm seriously considering moving to the XR6 and therefore also a Core bar. I have recently been riding a Duotone clickbar and even on that one I don't like the extra friction compared to my Ozone bar. That I could get used to, but this sounds like it is on another level.

Might be tempted to see if I can get a Sensor 2 pro cheaply if this is the case for all the 3's.

notamondayperson
Rare Poster
Core XR5 9m
Core XR4 7m
Core XR4 15m
Core Sensor 3+ Bar

Postby notamondayperson » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:37 pm

You won't regret moving to XR6. I've both 12m and 9m, and they are amazing, so much air and hang time, even for a newby like me. In fact I'm looking to replace my 15m ultra with an XR if I can find a sweet second hand deal.
I would buy a Sensor2 Pro and replace the quick release system to the standar one or wait a little bit to see if they improve quality. It's my impression that with Covid situation, they were on pressure to deliver the pre-ordered units and that affected manufacturer quality.

Ice101
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle

Postby Ice101 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:50 am

Havre wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:19 pm
Great post. Thanks.

I'm seriously considering moving to the XR6 and therefore also a Core bar. I have recently been riding a Duotone clickbar and even on that one I don't like the extra friction compared to my Ozone bar. That I could get used to, but this sounds like it is on another level.

Might be tempted to see if I can get a Sensor 2 pro cheaply if this is the case for all the 3's.
I wouldn’t bother the sensor 2 is horrid compared with the ozone v4. Don’t know about the sensor 3 but I just sold my sensor 2plus as the kite was so much nicer to fly on the ozone with way less vibration and jerkiness on the wider ozone handle.
These users thanked the author Ice101 for the post:
Havre (Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:47 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Kitesurfing”