I’m finally ready to start again kiteboarding and I need your experience/advice, please.
I’m actually a beginner (kiteboarding for more than 4 years but the sessions I had can be counted on my fingers…) However, for once in my life I finally have plenty of time to do kiteboarding every week (or day) during more than 4 months
So I’m planning to buy a new gear to make good progress quickly but safely!
I’ve been looking around and maybe planning to buy (on www.flysurf.com
- Pack Kite F-ONE Bandit 2017 9M + Board F-ONE TRAX HRD Lite Tech 2017 + F-ONE Monolith 2017
+ Kite NAISH RIDE 2017 7M
But I don't know if it's a good choice for a predictive, fast progress and safe kite. (I still have a very old F-ONE Volt 7M and a NOBILE NBL 2011).
I used to do kiteboarding in a flat spot (lake) when most of the time there is quite strong (+20knots) and gusty wind but sometimes there can be less strong and regular wind, in this case, I go to the sea. I will be around Leucate, France.
Given that I’m light (around 65 kg and 1m78), maybe 6M or 5M kite size could be better but I would have to pay +150€ for a smaller New Naish Ride 5M or 6M (I couldn’t find 5-6M for the 2017 model)
So my questions are:
- Is the first choice above (FONE pack + Naish kite) a good choice for what I’m looking for?
- If I’m willing to pay for a new kite (maximum 1300€ with a bar) is there a brand/kite you would advise me to look for according to what I said?
- Is it worth paying more for the new NAISH Ride but smaller size because I’m light?
- Also is the F-ONE Monolith 2017 compatible with the NAISH RIDE and most kites?
I may have some stupid questions but I'm quite confused to be honest. It's been more than 2 years I haven't done kiteboarding, unfortunately...
Thanks a lot!