Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Is anyone else buying carbon credits to offset CO2 from travel?

Forum for kitesurfers
jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Is anyone else buying carbon credits to offset CO2 from travel?

Postby jumptheshark » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:03 pm

Someone else called him racist.

I called him and A$$hole.

You conflated the two.

Plenty in my link to prove my accusation.

None of this has anything to do with kiting.

Your welcome to keep going but you will be joining MM in talking at yourself.

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:16 pm

jumptheshark wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:03 pm
Someone else called him racist.

I called him and A$$hole.
Then I do believe we see eye to eye on that one (a$$hole part, not the racist part). And thank you for the clarification. Sorry for talking to myself, thus offending you.

But I am sure you can see where I made the link - me asking chemosavi "for evidence" and you posting an immediate response with a link for "evidence"?
Last edited by Matteo V on Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:44 pm

It’s so much more convenient do simply dismiss someone as racist, misogynist, ageist, gendrist or (fill in prefix of choice)-ist than to go through that pesky process of actually engaging in conversation.

Sandras
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Favorite Beaches: Okaloosa Island, FL
Gear: .
Has thanked: 0

Postby Sandras » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:28 pm

loco4viento wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:44 pm
It’s so much more convenient do simply dismiss someone as racist, misogynist, ageist, gendrist or (fill in prefix of choice)-ist than to go through that pesky process of actually engaging in conversation.
:thumb:

or ecologist, feminist, dogooder, green fool, moral high ground etc...
Since we were not talking about the greatest "conversation" skills that this forum has seen....

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:44 pm

loco4viento wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:44 pm
I've tried rational conversation with him. Its impossible. All these labels comes after he has consistently been extremely hostile towards anyone with a differing opinion. I do not tend to call people names, but I will stop replying to people like him because there is no rational conversation to be had.

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster

Postby jumptheshark » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:50 pm

Whatever, the racist comment was tacked onto the end of Chemosavi's post as an aside. The main point being that MM is CLEARLY a troll. By any of its current definitions, You need only read his last 10 posts as evidence.

After a while, its not really that hard to figure out peoples personalities from their posts. The more they post the more they divulge. Name changes or not, I can pick out airbunny or any one of captain core's personas from the opening line. MM will stop short of outing himself as a racist or misogynist in gross quotable terms, but is it really all that hard to put two and two together? If it looks like shit, smells like shit, and smears like shit, do you really need to taste it?

It's not the crap he regurgitates, that shit is what makes him a troll. It's the personal inflections he puts into the few lines of original text belittling and mocking whatever group he chooses. Those are the bits that reek of a good many ism's.

Hes proven himself an A$$hole so many times over, he doesn't need to be proven a racist to be any more a piece of shit.

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Oldschool
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: Make Kiting Great Again!

Postby marlboroughman » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:29 am

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Oldschool
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: Make Kiting Great Again!

Postby marlboroughman » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:35 am

Last chance to invest, if you got something left. Assembled in a tent just for you. :rollgrin:
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-06- ... ction-tent

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:28 am

tautologies wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:44 pm
I do not tend to call people names, but I will stop replying to people like him because there is no rational conversation to be had.
No response is a very good approach when the prospect of a rational conversation seems unlikely. Better than wasting your time and beating your head against a wall.

That said, most of us have said a few things we shouldn’t have, and I’m pretty sure you can recall a post or two you’ve deleted after rethinking things. It’s ok. We all make mistakes of many different kinds. We are human and that’s part of the deal.

Blocking MM is the best approach if one really hates to read what he says. However, anyone who is criticizing him must have chosen to read his posts, and that is a statement in itself.

I know some of MM’s adversaries enjoy speaking authoritatively about climate science because they are educated in other areas of science, but when they say things like “the science is settled” and “the debate is over” they speak against some of the foundations of scientific thought. Everything is open to debate, and challenging what is accepted as truth is encouraged by the scientific world (aside from those with political and monetary conflicts of interest). Challenging accepted “truth” is what leads to discovery (or further affirmation of accepted “truth”). MM may not be a climate scientist, but neither are many of the self-appointed authorities on scientific method who try to dismiss him. In the scientific world, simply dismissing a challenging opinion isn’t as powerful as presenting evidence to support one’s own views. However, in our world of political influence and desire to be accepted by those in the mainstream, dismissing those with opposing views is a very common strategy (even when those doing the dismissing don’t know what they’re talking about).

I enjoy reading his posts and I like to read the thoughts of someone who is willing to speak his mind, even if that means being attacked. I don’t have to agree with a single thing he says, and I can block his posts and hide in a safe space if I choose to be offended by what he says.

Troll? I’m not so sure. Racist? I don’t think I have enough information to make such an accusation. Interesting? To me, yes.

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster

Postby jumptheshark » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:32 am

What the hell would be your definition of a troll????

Return to “Kitesurfing”