Quite quiver question, should I add a Core XR4/5 15m

Forum for kitesurfers
bkkite
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Oyster Bay
Favorite Beaches: Dakhla
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR5 15m , xlite 12m, Nexus 2 9m, XR5 7m

Core Fusion 139, Slingshot Celero 5’8, Slingshot Dwarfcraft 110cm with a Hover Glide Foil and Apollo 60 front wing
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Quite quiver question, should I add a Core XR4/5 15m

Postby bkkite » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:35 pm

knotwindy wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:56 pm
bkkite wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:10 pm
Are any of you sharing a quiver? How does that typically work out?

Given theres a 40lb weight difference, my wife would always be down a kite size I think.
Not necessarily. If she wants to ride a tt powered and you want a strapless surf slightly underpowered for waves, might be same kite size. Happens more than you think. Also, if one of you is already out and the other is getting ready, do you really want to come in all the time to figure out who gets which kite? Some launches it’s easy, others it’s a PITA to do regularly. I know you want to keep the stock and price down but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and spend to have more fun.
Thats a fair point. I didn't think of the difference that the surfboard would make on a larger kite. If we're going to share the same quiver, I'll most likely have to get a second twin tip, and I'll most likely get a smaller one with more rocker. That might make it easier for me to ride on the bigger kite.

Return to “Kitesurfing”