Linemounts and Core kites

Forum for kitesurfers
bkkite
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Oyster Bay
Favorite Beaches: Dakhla
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR5 15m , xlite 12m, Nexus 2 9m, XR5 7m

Core Fusion 139, Slingshot Celero 5’8, Slingshot Dwarfcraft 110cm with a Hover Glide Foil and Apollo 60 front wing
Brand Affiliation: None

Linemounts and Core kites

Postby bkkite » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:58 pm

I'd like to mount a Camrig line mount with a GoPro to my Core XR4, and I'd just like some extra detail on how the XR4 flagging system works so I do it right.

(I'm asking because I know there are risks to adding line mounts at all, and extra risk if you mount them stupidly)

The second part of my question is whether or not you have to mount above the "Y" pulley. At this height the GoPro ends up being quite far from the rider. Or if you can mount it below the "Y" and just not use the plugs on the safety line so they safety line can actual slide through the line mount.

Thanks for the help

jpbrazan
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Texas City
Favorite Beaches: Shurabaad (Azerbaijan)
Style: Freeride, Big Air, Foil
Gear: Core, Slingshot, Naish
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Linemounts and Core kites

Postby jpbrazan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:25 pm

I would not mount below the Y. I've mounted above the Y and yes it is a bit far but still gave some good shots but was very shaky on the videos. A stabilizer should help.

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core

Re: Linemounts and Core kites

Postby deniska » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:06 pm

with line mounts, you want to put it in that one place where it does not change geometry of the lines. for XR it would be above the Y for sure.
In general, I would not rely on the kite to flag out with those things and sometimes they create a mess when the kite drops and the lines slack..
37179931_2077750068904126_3680592273214537728_o.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”