Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Core and German engineering meme

Forum for kitesurfers
Windwarrior
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Core and German engineering meme

Postby Windwarrior » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:24 am

Sorry, but I have to say it is user fault.
When you lay out the lines properly and with seperating them on that area the lines will never touch and will never show wear like in your photo.
You Sir, have NOT laid out your lines properly, keeping the frontlines twisted wich will result in friction and wear of the line with every steering input, as the Y moves slightly when steering the kite.
Not saying the Core bar is the best there is, but in this case because of their untwisting feature: a proper setup bar will never have tangled lines.

This is generally speaking the problem for a lot of brands: customers are not using the stuff in the intended way, then claiming warranty.

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:15 am

zloilyoha wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:34 am
deniska wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:21 pm

Believe me, I am leaning towards this///
I still have 3 relatively new CORE kites XR4/5 that don't like low V bar.
i am using XR5 10 on the SS bar - loves it very much))
Have you done a back to back test against a high Y bar? Only mentioning as I thought the change in behaviour was pretty noticeable between high and low V. Preferred the Y bar personally though I can't remember the exact reasons why. Can you remember what differences you prefer?

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core

Postby deniska » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:21 pm

Windwarrior wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:24 am
Sorry, but I have to say it is user fault.
When you lay out the lines properly and with seperating them on that area the lines will never touch and will never show wear like in your photo.
You Sir, have NOT laid out your lines properly, keeping the frontlines twisted wich will result in friction and wear of the line with every steering input, as the Y moves slightly when steering the kite.
Not saying the Core bar is the best there is, but in this case because of their untwisting feature: a proper setup bar will never have tangled lines.

This is generally speaking the problem for a lot of brands: customers are not using the stuff in the intended way, then claiming warranty.
Wow, that's your 4th post since 2003!
I am honored that my little thread prompted your interest.
Any chance that this is one of numerous dormant accounts for CaptCore? :lol:
But let me assure you that I do know how to rig lines and I don't ride with twisted lines for more than a minute. Yes they do twist occasionally after a few loops or rolls but i do take care of them right after (usually doing a few backrolls to get them straight).. Besides, if you look closely, it broke at the stitching point, they don't twist that closely to the rings...

pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Gera Lario, Como Lake, Italy
Favorite Beaches: Lo Stagnone (Marsala, Sicily - Italy) - Soma Bay (Egipt) - Cabarete (Dom Rep.) - Kite beach (Maui)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR4 11, Core Riot XR 7, Core Riot XR2 15, Flysurfer Speed 5 21, Flysurfer Sonic 3 13
Shinn Bronq 136x42, Shinn Bronq XL

Postby pmaggie » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:47 pm

I own 2012 Core Sensor bar (first model), original lines, never had a problem. I don't ride 180 days a year but considering it's a 2012...

schinne
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby schinne » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:12 pm

Dear Denis,

no, it´s not normal, but you have received the lines on warranty and with overnight express, so let us stop complaining now and please #gokiting.

All the best from Germany!

:)

deniska wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:28 pm
So after spending $148 on bar parts (depower, safety, rotator, incerts, SSF18, etc) withing the last 4months today my center line snaps on the jump
It breaks right at the stitching..
So I guess I am looking at another $200 worth of maintenance.. all within one year..
Do you guys feel that it's normal?
IMG_0168.JPG

zloilyoha
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Skadovsk
Favorite Beaches: Karzhyny Skadovsk, Cape Town SA
Style: free
Gear: slingshot, ozone, core

Postby zloilyoha » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:20 pm

nothing2seehere wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:15 am

Have you done a back to back test against a high Y bar?
nope
but i assume that with a high Y kites turns a little bit quicker

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:28 pm

I wonder what people makes posting a complaint while Problem has been solved?

Yeah, shit happens. Be happy the brand acted fast and for free...why not just say thank you?

This just shows that people have personal agendas.
Competition? Didn’t get a good deal? Didn’t become a tram rider? Etc... must be something like this.

Get over it and get some air...and be happy you are not injured and can enjoy this fantastic sport.

Didn’t you hear about the German bike champion? Several times world and some times Olympian champ...had an accident and can’t walk anymore...you don’t hear her complaining...
So stop this please, really mislike stuff like this on my forum.

Keep your personal stuff out of here!!!
schinne wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:12 pm
Dear Denis,

no, it´s not normal, but you have received the lines on warranty and with overnight express, so let us stop complaining now and please #gokiting.

All the best from Germany!

:)

deniska wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:28 pm
So after spending $148 on bar parts (depower, safety, rotator, incerts, SSF18, etc) withing the last 4months today my center line snaps on the jump
It breaks right at the stitching..
So I guess I am looking at another $200 worth of maintenance.. all within one year..
Do you guys feel that it's normal?
IMG_0168.JPG

deniska
Very Frequent Poster

Postby deniska » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:23 pm

Toby wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:28 pm
I wonder what people makes posting a complaint while Problem has been solved?

Yeah, shit happens. Be happy the brand acted fast and for free...why not just say thank you?

This just shows that people have personal agendas.
Competition? Didn’t get a good deal? Didn’t become a tram rider? Etc... must be something like this.

Get over it and get some air...and be happy you are not injured and can enjoy this fantastic sport.

Didn’t you hear about the German bike champion? Several times world and some times Olympian champ...had an accident and can’t walk anymore...you don’t hear her complaining...
So stop this please, really mislike stuff like this on my forum.

Keep your personal stuff out of here!!!

Toby,
whoever you are talking at CORE give you bad info..
The problem was not resolved.. I broke that line yesterday.. If it is resolved that's great but I know nothing about it
I understand your bias.. you need money from the brands.. that's cool...
Do I have personal agenda? Not really other that being pissed that expensive bar keeps breaking and requires almost monthly cash investments while still under 1 year old. What should I be grateful for? Regardless of what your CORE friends told you, I spent $150 replacing numerous parts on that bar withing last 4 months and yet the freaking thing keeps letting me down... The yesterday's swim was pretty scary, cause the kite did not depower correctly after QR release (being on 3 lines).. This is like 4th or 5th swim because the thing breaks...
I am buying all my stuff retail and never applied or wanted to work for any kite brand.. so no hidden agendas, unlike 80% of other posters in this thread..
Maybe it sounds personal, but I thought it was good info for others to know.. not particularly appealing to CORE but still good info.

deniska
Very Frequent Poster

Postby deniska » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:27 pm

zloilyoha wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:20 pm
nothing2seehere wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:15 am

Have you done a back to back test against a high Y bar?
nope
but i assume that with a high Y kites turns a little bit quicker
I tried flying 9m xr4 on RRD global V7 bar yesterday, to save the session after my center line snapped.
It sort of works, but the kite keeps making flapping noise, when sent hard or looped, so I am guessing flying CORE kites on low V is not ideal...

deniska
Very Frequent Poster

Postby deniska » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:40 pm

update..
I just got an email from CORE USA that they are sending me free front line replacements.
So the recent issue IS resolved.. (pending fedex delivery)
It's just funny how everyone else on this thread knows about it before me ;-)

Return to “Kitesurfing”