Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Trying to find old video - help!

Forum for kitesurfers
bennyfg
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Bristol based - no local beaches!
Favorite Beaches: Too many.
Style: Strapless surf, a bit of freestyle
Gear: Whatever I can get my hands on.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Trying to find old video - help!

Postby bennyfg » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:49 pm

Hey all,
I'm trying to find some videos I remember watching years ago, maybe 2007?! They were black and white, kinda goofy, silent movie style - I think. Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks
Ben

4liner
Rare Poster
Gear: Hydrofoil

Re: Trying to find old video - help!

Postby 4liner » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:23 pm

This one here starts out in black and white and has some B&W sections but then it continues in color. Brings back memories. I actually watched this at a friends house and I decided right then and there that I wanted to go to the Columbia River Gorge.....and I did....stayed for 2 months camping at the Wind Ranch on the Bingen, WA side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZXeok2 ... xmg&t=165s

Hugh2
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 180lb/82kg
Local Beach: Clinton Lake in East-Central Illinois
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras and Cape Town (also sailing around the world, this season crossed the South Pacific)
Style: freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Nomad 5.5, Naish Pivot 6, 7, 9, 10 and 11, Duotone Dice 12
Long Ocean 136, Eleveight Master C+ 136, Naish Global 6'0", RB Sixty 3 Matador 5' 8", Slingshot Hoverglide H5 foil and Alien Air 4' 6" and Converter boards

Postby Hugh2 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:49 pm

While we are digging up old windsurfing videos, there was a VCR tape back when of a guy riding on an Easterly in the winter at the Gorge on a tiny sail and getting clobbered. I can't find it on YouTube, which is a shame because it was a classic piece of film.

alfredo68
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Style: wave
Gear: blade AR wave

Postby alfredo68 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:03 pm

4liner wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:23 pm
This one here starts out in black and white and has some B&W sections but then it continues in color. Brings back memories. I actually watched this at a friends house and I decided right then and there that I wanted to go to the Columbia River Gorge.....and I did....stayed for 2 months camping at the Wind Ranch on the Bingen, WA side.

Good Vid!! Good Memories! missing my windglider ,F2, sailboardsmaui, Angulo, AHD etc Never made it to the Gorge tho, looks like +40 K in some vids!!! :thumb: :thumb:

4liner
Rare Poster
Gear: Hydrofoil

Postby 4liner » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:53 pm

Hugh2 wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:49 pm
While we are digging up old windsurfing videos, there was a VCR tape back when of a guy riding on an Easterly in the winter at the Gorge on a tiny sail and getting clobbered. I can't find it on YouTube, which is a shame because it was a classic piece of film.
That might have been Pat Dougherty on a tiny Rushwind sail. If it's the one I'm thinking of. (He is now in a wheelchair from a motorcycle accident).

bay surfer
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The Dam Beach
Favorite Beaches: Lake Michigan Beaches, OBX
Gear: Airush, Switch, Pansh, Kites, LF boards, Home Brewed Foils and boards

Postby bay surfer » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:00 pm

Great Vid, Just watching them, I can see how my arms are toast. Alway thought it would be fun to ride a pole board again. But hell why would you...
Vid I what to see, I think Toby or some other person, trying to ride Foil boot skis. from back in the day.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:17 pm

Wasn’t me

Hugh2
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras and Cape Town (also sailing around the world, this season crossed the South Pacific)
Long Ocean 136, Eleveight Master C+ 136, Naish Global 6'0", RB Sixty 3 Matador 5' 8", Slingshot Hoverglide H5 foil and Alien Air 4' 6" and Converter boards

Postby Hugh2 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:48 pm

4liner wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:53 pm
Hugh2 wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:49 pm
That might have been Pat Dougherty on a tiny Rushwind sail. If it's the one I'm thinking of. (He is now in a wheelchair from a motorcycle accident).
That's it, unfortunately nothing on YouTube from him or of him. Sad to hear about his accident. I still ride a motorcycle, but a lot more conservatively than I did back then.

Hugh2
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Hugh2 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:54 pm

alfredo68 wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:03 pm
4liner wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:23 pm

Good Vid!! Good Memories! missing my windglider ,F2, sailboardsmaui, Angulo, AHD etc Never made it to the Gorge tho, looks like +40 K in some vids!!! :thumb: :thumb:
I can't say I miss my windsurfing gear, which slowly decays in the garage these days. I did make it to the Gorge for three days back in summer 1992, riding Seatrend boards. Classic setup for satisfaction. Started out at Exhibition Beach on an easy 5.5m day and 9'8" board, then out to Doug's on a 4.5m and my 9'2' board, and finally a day at Fish Hatchery avoiding dying on my 3.7m sail. Could not even do a carving gybe at the time!

Been back once with kite gear two years ago and had a blast working upwind from Exhibition Beach to Fish Hatchery and riding the swells on a surfboard one day on 9m and jumping TT the second day on 7m. Sweet place, but a little boring after a while compared with ocean downwinders.

or6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 81
Local Beach: Wijk aan zee, Zandmotor, Hoek and in between
Favorite Beaches: Muriwai NZ, El Medano Tenerife, la Ventana México, Hood River, Portland area, Vancouver Island, Wijk aan Zee, Moulay Bouzerktoun
Style: Waveriding
Gear: RRD Religion 4 meter, 5 and 7 meter Kauper XT Maverick, 9 meter Core GTS6, Ben Wilson Vibe 9, Peter Lynn Phantom v2 9, Appletree Klokhouse Noseless 5'3", Wanted Pure 6'0", Shinn Bronq Heritage, Gong Foil

Postby or6 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:55 pm

The guy you are referring to, baysurfer, might be Cory Roesseller: https://youtu.be/IKYwpPPHxaM

OP: This movie? Goofy all right, black and white, pioneers: https://youtu.be/vAhXuuFDYFo

Return to “Kitesurfing”