Gear: Duotone,Kauper, Ozone, Shinn, Flysurfer, Moses, Axis,Slingshot
Reo,Edge,Rebel,R1,
Sonic,Peak4,Soul,
Falcon
Brand Affiliation: None

rope harness attachment options

Postby sonny2727 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:16 pm

Hi Guys,
after reading a bit on this I'm still not clear which way to go..
options
1. connect CL direct to rope
clean setup but rope wear and/or CL wear problem but no idea how big like change rope once a year?
2. connect rope to CL trough metal ring
not sure how this is going to help and bar is bit further away
3. Dynabar
easy attachment without releasing CL but too many metal bits and ropes and looks complicated.

4. North type rope CL
may work if you always use one bar but I have few and once fixed cannot use with fixed hook
5. Ozone click bar
seat belt type CL closure so no additional time to attach but line wear/CL wear still issue. plus at $200 bucks not cheap

Or I can just use the normal fixed hook and get used to awkward pull when switch stance...first world problem :D :D

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Re: rope harness attachment options

Postby SENDIT! » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:22 pm

I just connect the CL directly to the rope. I don't use it all the time, but I've never broken one of the ropes (Ride Engine). If you do wear it out, the replacement lines are only $5 and very simple to change.

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:22 pm

Try using any rope setup with a low friction ring on it and hook the chicken loop around (not through) the ring. Works great, no wear on the rope or chicken loop.

or6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 81
Local Beach: Wijk aan zee, Zandmotor, Hoek and in between
Favorite Beaches: Muriwai NZ, El Medano Tenerife, la Ventana México, Hood River, Portland area, Vancouver Island, Wijk aan Zee, Moulay Bouzerktoun
Style: Waveriding
Gear: RRD Religion 4 meter, 5 and 7 meter Kauper XT Maverick, 9 meter Core GTS6, Ben Wilson Vibe 9, Peter Lynn Phantom v2 9, Appletree Klokhouse Noseless 5'3", Wanted Pure 6'0", Shinn Bronq Heritage, Gong Foil

Postby or6 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:19 am

Sonny, option one or two will do. You'll love riding toeside.

There will be some friction, depending on the material of the chickenloop and possibly the amount of sand on the rope...but replacing it is easy and cheap. I do it once a year or so, just in case.

I use a steel ring, slides better that way. But that might differ from chickenloop to chickenloop. Who knows.

AndersP
Frequent Poster
Gear: Foil and Mutant

Postby AndersP » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:56 am

Low friction ring as mentioned or steel ring is cheap and easy to install and begin with. If you don't like them try another solution. I started with a steel ring, it works but i will try the low friction ring. I think untwisting the frontlines will be more direct with the low fr ring.

Return to “Kitesurfing”