Rare Poster
Gear: vegas
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ride Engine ? Slingshot warranty issue

Postby zoom131 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:57 pm

Roger,

I have send photos, thank you very much and looking for on good news.

Milko0k
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Port Skunkley
Favorite Beaches: SWO
Style: Wet
Gear: Slingshot

Postby Milko0k » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:38 am

Hi everyone.

I wonder what happened here in the end?

Recently I had an issue with my Ride Engine harness. I contacted North American customer service and they went over and beyond anything I've ever experienced dealing with customer services of any kind. Treated me with such care and dignity that the least I could do is put the good word out for them where it really matters, here and on the beach. Awesome product backed up by awesome people. Thank you Ride Engine

Off topic
I've been around for a while, all along exploring the wealth of information that can be found here but never felt that I could contribute since almost any question that I ever had, has been already answered here by someone more experienced or knowledgeable.
Well, THANK YOU TOO :)

Good wind

zoom131
Rare Poster
Gear: vegas
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby zoom131 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:39 pm

Hi MilkoOk

So the Final of the story is...

After few weeks and some posts B3 Shop Tarifa contacted me to come over with my broken harness.
I have asked them why they did not deal with my issue earlier but came back to me after posting here. What I heard first from them, it was that I bought my harness with discount and it was old model so They did not care about it.
They gave me a few options on warranty: I could get lower model from earlier year or I need to pay extra 50 e or 100e depends on model.
I have asked them why I have to pay extra if I have warrant, so I heard that I bought my harness with discount and I have been using my harness too much (40 - 60 hours), back of harness is scratched. They showed me other harness not using too much or either to compare how much my is scratched ( btw keeping stuff in car or on beach in sandy environment, it has to be difficult do not scratch board, harness, etc or probably I am doing something wrong).
So the final of story is, "Luckly" I have new harness and 100e less in my pocket.

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BWD » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:39 pm

Shitty treatment. Whether it is scratched doesnt matter for warranty, warranty
Is for defects, not cosmetics! I would not trust this shop.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:33 pm

BWD wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:39 pm
Shitty treatment. Whether it is scratched doesnt matter for warranty, warranty
Is for defects, not cosmetics! I would not trust this shop.
just to play devils advocate here... there is an argument to be made.... the strap cannot be warrantied for ever just like tires for example have warranties, which are pro rated because you are obviously going to wear a tire out eventually and if you did get say 40 miles on it before a defect was evident then why should they give you new tires, they would give you the value of new tires less 40 miles use. I'd say pretty much anything in Kitesurfing is a going to wear out over time and use.... the question is, with the condition of the harness being poor, it lends to the possibility that its been used for more then 40-60 hours... the estimate its self is extremely vague the low end at 40 hours and the high end 50% greater... at 60 hours with that kind of margin for error its quite easy to assume the OP is estimating low and could easily be 80 - 120 hours or more. All the shop has to go from to estimate the use of the harness and whether or not it has been abused in some manner is the condition at the time of the claim. So certainly not what I would want to hear from my shop but I don't think it can be said they are being dishonest.

Return to “Kitesurfing”