Rare Poster
Gear: vegas
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ride Engine ? Slingshot warranty issue

Postby zoom131 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:15 pm

Hi Guys,

I would like to ask you about warranty issue withe mentioned brand in topic.
Did you ever have any problems with warranty?

I have bought Ride Engine Harness a few months ago and been using maybe 40 - 60 hours,
the strap covered by plastic which keeps part with hook broke into plastic cover.

I have received feedback form Shop / Spanish distributor in Tarifa that I have been using harness to long and I should fix it by my own and it is easy to do it !!!!!

So I decided to sent an email to Ride Engine / Slinghshot by the website attaching all necessary info like photos, ticket and etc.
Ride Engine gave me feedback that they have contacted with Spanish distributor in Tarifa "B3" shop who rejected my warranty and will inform me shortly about everthing.
Since that time ( approximately one month ago ) I did not get any answer back, sending emails asking about any progress in my case.

So I would like to ask you.
DID you have any problems with warranty wit Ride Engine / Slingshot especially if you pay for the top product like harness around 300 euro what is high price for harness ???

RideLow
Frequent Poster
Gear: Wipika Free air! <3
Brand Affiliation: Blue Waffle

Re: Ride Engine ? Slingshot warranty issue

Postby RideLow » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:16 pm

Sorry to hear that.
Cannot help u om that one apart from the fact that in my experience the most of the guys at B3 are arrogant, unprofessional and basically the opposite of good customer service.
When I am in Tarifa, I take my business elsewhere.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:27 pm

as far as North America is concerned I have no complaints regarding warranty issues with Coleman directly or now Ride Engine, and thankfully the prices of the Ride Engine harnesses are coming down to be at par with others and in many cases less expensive. They even sent me sample patches of their wet suit neoprene so that I could be tested for allergies (I am allergic to most neoprene) They are the only ones other than Patagonia that were nice enough to send it out of some 12 companies I contacted.
It sounds like the dealer may be not co-operating?

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Postby SENDIT! » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:20 pm

The folks at Ride Engine are awesome to deal with for any warranty issues. I'm a dealer for them, but I've even had customers that just got in touch with them before they even told me about it, and they were taken care of every time!

maffhieu
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Les Aresquiers
Gear: North Dice 12m 2016
North Dice 9m 2017
North Dice 7m 2018
North Team Series 2015
Ride Engine Silver Elite 2017
WOO 1.0
WOO 3.0

Postby maffhieu » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:01 pm

I broke my 2016 HexCore ... but got it replaced for free ;)
So, good support :)

K-Roy
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Balaton
Taiba, Brasil
Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco to Jeri
Style: strapless SB & strapless FB
Gear: Fone Bandit X, XII, Breeze V2. and Diablo V.1
FW Vader, OR Duke, Mitu Pro, Fone foil
Brand Affiliation: Fone brand Ambassador

Postby K-Roy » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:13 pm

My Son broke his HexCore, got it replaced.
Also interesting about your plastic covering the straps, I use RE Carbon V1, probably well over 500 hour of kiteing and Im only now starting to see the plastic "hardening" up, which I think is just before it will break...

cheers

magic%20Ed
Frequent Poster

Postby magic%20Ed » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:54 am

well, as you are in Spain, the EU rules apply: warranty is an issue between you and the shop, you have nothing to do with the manufacturer. The shop is supposed to proof the issue is not a warranty issue for six months after purchase. After these six months you have to prove it is a warranty issue and the amount of warranty is related to the expected lifespan of the product. For a harnas I would say that it is reasonable to function without problems for at least two years, so your case looks like being subject to warranty to me.

Go the shop again and if they do not handle your warranty request satisfactory: take legal action.

zoom131
Rare Poster
Gear: vegas
Been thanked: 0

Postby zoom131 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:14 am

Hi Guys,

I have been trying to sort it out but without any progress and luck. I have been sent to Ride Engine to sort out this issue.

RideLow
I hope you have change distributor shortly because I have also bad experience with B3 from Tarifa. I bought slingshot boots a few years ago - shredtown and had some problems with internal sock , B3 told me the same story " the boots have been used too long- 100 hours approx" and can give me second hand sock. In the and I decided to change brand to other due to this small issue.

SENDIT
I wish to get that luck like yours costumers, unfortunately I have been ignored by Ride Engine already a few times. Always the same issue, I am sending form by website, getting reply from them and asking to refer to my issue number and ... ignoring.

Magic%20Ed
Thank you for your advice, I am pretty sure that I will do it shortly but I would like to rather avoid this way.

K-Roy
Yes for me it is also strange, the think is that the plastic cover/ tube is perfect condition but the material strap in it broke.

So Guys do you have any others ideas how I could to solve this problem?

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:34 pm

Well I would get on the phone and call them. Its easy for customer service to forward an email to another person to deal with the issue and then it gets ignored/lost etc... talking to them on the phone and being persistent but polite may get you further
GLOBAL HEADQUARTERS:
Fax: 1.509.427.4566

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Postby SENDIT! » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:58 pm

zoom131 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:14 am
Hi Guys,

I have been trying to sort it out but without any progress and luck. I have been sent to Ride Engine to sort out this issue.

RideLow
I hope you have change distributor shortly because I have also bad experience with B3 from Tarifa. I bought slingshot boots a few years ago - shredtown and had some problems with internal sock , B3 told me the same story " the boots have been used too long- 100 hours approx" and can give me second hand sock. In the and I decided to change brand to other due to this small issue.

SENDIT
I wish to get that luck like yours costumers, unfortunately I have been ignored by Ride Engine already a few times. Always the same issue, I am sending form by website, getting reply from them and asking to refer to my issue number and ... ignoring.

Magic%20Ed
Thank you for your advice, I am pretty sure that I will do it shortly but I would like to rather avoid this way.

K-Roy
Yes for me it is also strange, the think is that the plastic cover/ tube is perfect condition but the material strap in it broke.

So Guys do you have any others ideas how I could to solve this problem?
zoom131,
Can you send me some pics of your harness and the broken parts? Maybe I can figure out a way to help you out. I know some people. ;)
Send them to sales@xlkites.com if you can.
Thanks,
Roger

Return to “Kitesurfing”