2019 Duotone Click Bar

Forum for kitesurfers
zlatko23
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 70
Favorite Beaches: Keros(Limnos)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Drifter 5m², Ozone Enduro V3 7/11m²&V4 9m², CrazyFly Raptor LTD, Appletree Malus Domestica 5'1"
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 2019 Duotone Click Bar

Postby zlatko23 » Sun May 03, 2020 2:30 pm

omg wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:22 am
Actually, it might be better to just lower the V/Y-divider to close to the black depower tube, to save the red safety front line wearing out when it comes out form the tube. This divider will allow the both front lines come out parallel from the tube and hence no wear in the red QR safety line. Some people have had wear on the red line when not using the Y/V-divider.
Sounds like a good advice, but 2 questions here:
- how do you lower the V-distributor past the red stopper ball?
- the predefined spots for the V-distributor are strengthened(thicker) so that screw does not chew at the line. There could be wear if you place it just above the PU tube, where line is not thickened?

omg
Very Frequent Poster

Postby omg » Sun May 03, 2020 2:42 pm

zlatko23 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 2:30 pm
omg wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:22 am
Actually, it might be better to just lower the V/Y-divider to close to the black depower tube, to save the red safety front line wearing out when it comes out form the tube. This divider will allow the both front lines come out parallel from the tube and hence no wear in the red QR safety line. Some people have had wear on the red line when not using the Y/V-divider.
Sounds like a good advice, but 2 questions here:
- how do you lower the V-distributor past the red stopper ball?
- the predefined spots for the V-distributor are strengthened(thicker) so that screw does not chew at the line. There could be wear if you place it just above the PU tube, where line is not thickened?
I got rid of the red ball because it wraps sometime the other front line. Just break the ball. Then if you worry abt the splitter chewing up the line where it’s attached, then just put some tape over the line under the splitter.
These users thanked the author omg for the post:
zlatko23 (Sun May 03, 2020 2:58 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

purdyd
Very Frequent Poster

Postby purdyd » Sun May 03, 2020 3:31 pm

If you want to keep the ball just remove the stopper and pull the red line it through the quick release.
These users thanked the author purdyd for the post:
zlatko23 (Sun May 03, 2020 5:08 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

zlatko23
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 70
Favorite Beaches: Keros(Limnos)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Drifter 5m², Ozone Enduro V3 7/11m²&V4 9m², CrazyFly Raptor LTD, Appletree Malus Domestica 5'1"

Postby zlatko23 » Sun May 03, 2020 5:11 pm

I am considering getting a ClickBar for my quiver of low-V kites, so it is important to make sure using the bar in a low-V configuration will not result in premature safety line wear.
I would have looked into OceanRodeo Shift Stick, but it is really hard to get one in Europe.

Kitemenn
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Maasvlakte / Slufter
Gear: North Evo 11-7m / Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Kitemenn » Mon May 04, 2020 6:50 am

zlatko23 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 5:11 pm
I am considering getting a ClickBar for my quiver of low-V kites, so it is important to make sure using the bar in a low-V configuration will not result in premature safety line wear.
I would have looked into OceanRodeo Shift Stick, but it is really hard to get one in Europe.
Just look for a Harlem bar same design and sold from NL there are other brands selling the same design too

Exal
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Weight: 85
Local Beach: Still looking
Favorite Beaches: WA & Cape Town
Style: Wave & Oldschool
Gear: all the gear and no idea

Postby Exal » Mon May 04, 2020 2:30 pm

zlatko23 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 5:11 pm
I am not using a low V setting on mine but if I were you, I'd ask the duotone support, take a picture before using the bar and if I see unreasonable wear contact them. You have to check the safety line regularly anyways since there is the chance of extra wear in the pu cover.

Return to “Kitesurfing”