Controlling Speed

Forum for kitesurfers
windrider1
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: FLYSURFER, HQ KITES, OZONE KITES
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Controlling Speed

Postby windrider1 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:12 pm

Couldn't get past the fact that u could get going on a 12m in winds of 12 to 16mph. :o lol but edging or turning a little bit more upwind while easing off the bar u will loose speed quickly.

beebad
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 173
Local Beach: Mayo, Rehobeth bay, dewey bch,OBX
Favorite Beaches: North flats, outlaws-South Padre Island, Waves, Salvo, kitepoint, the washout, tower rd. Assateaque.
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m, 9m, 12m Cabrinha Switchblades, 15 Contra, Cabrinha 144 Spectrum, 137 ACE, Litewave Dave WING 155, Ugo, GP6B, slingshot hoverglide nf2 foil-35",15"24" masts, slingshot dwarfcraft 54" foilboard. Slingwing 5.4V2., quatro drifter 5’6”.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Controlling Speed

Postby beebad » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:14 pm

John Doe wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:05 pm
Probably having a lot of "throw" will help tremendously. Some older bars do not allow a lot of throw, i.e. amount you can flag the kite out.

Other thing, and I won't tout the brand I purchased, is to get some new kites. Or newer if you can't afford new. I upgraded to 2017's & man what a difference. The things are wwwwaaaayyyyyy easier to control in all aspects!!!
When I first started I had an issue with not being able to affect control with the amount of throw and a waste harness so I switched to a seat harness.....now I am ready to revisit the waist harness....I got skunt yesterday all eager to try the tips you folks suggested...wind drop to well below >10....started shopping for a 15m...this happens more often than not around here.

cheers

Return to “Kitesurfing”