Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: High Pressure kite by Bruno Legaignoux

Postby james » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:16 pm

Also if you are going to design a new sport, sell the licence to a bunch of manufacturers to do with as they please in return for the money they just gave you, it’s a bit much to then sit there and point the finger of blame for high costs at the people that paid you.

Blaming thier distribution models when they are an already established network is frankly taking the piss.

If you didn’t like how they distribute and the costs associated with it then dont sell them the licence.

Saying you are working with two brands on the HP product, I hope to Hell they are factory direct or you are as complicit in the high costs as the brands you complain about.

brunolgx
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby brunolgx » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:03 am

Am I complaining about their distribution model ? (you are a distributor or shop owner, right, to feel that concerned ?)
I just listed some ways of decreasing equipment price.
I owned 2 brands using the same model... That doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to adapt to new conditions (technological, economical, market evolution...)

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BWD » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:22 am

james wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:16 pm
Also if you are going to design a new sport, sell the licence to a bunch of manufacturers to do with as they please in return for the money they just gave you, it’s a bit much to then sit there and point the finger of blame for high costs at the people that paid you.

Blaming thier distribution models when they are an already established network is frankly taking the piss.

If you didn’t like how they distribute and the costs associated with it then dont sell them the licence.

Saying you are working with two brands on the HP product, I hope to Hell they are factory direct or you are as complicit in the high costs as the brands you complain about.
We have heard of “standing on the shoulders of giants,”
But what is this, “pissing on the shoulders of giants?”
Thanks to bruno you are not now reading “onlne golf forum” or “slow boring sailboats forum”
Taking the piss indeed, james.

james
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own

Postby james » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:01 am

brunolgx wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:03 am
Am I complaining about their distribution model ? (you are a distributor or shop owner, right, to feel that concerned ?)
I just listed some ways of decreasing equipment price.
I owned 2 brands using the same model... That doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to adapt to new conditions (technological, economical, market evolution...)
Not anymore, I used to work In distribution but got out maybe 6 years ago?

Saying you are not complaining about distribution models and then suggesting ways of removing the veryvthing that distributors add in the name of saving money is false in my opinion.

While I applaud the effort in developing new tech to make kites more affordable putting that back through the standard distribution model will still lead to higher costs than you had planned/hoped.

Am I grateful that Bruno invented kiting as we know it? Yes I am? Very!

Does it mean I have to blindly agree with everything he says? No.

brunolgx
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby brunolgx » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:21 pm

A forum is made to everyone express her/his opinion.
I repeat that I made a list of known ways to reduce the consumer cost, without expressing any judgement about their value. Sorry if it wasn't clear in my post.
BEST and others removed the middlemen in the past. Good for the market ? Good for themselves ? I don't know. I said that I'm personnally working on one of these ways : cheaper manufacturing technologies.

Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Ozone R1V2 15m

Postby Mossy 757 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:29 pm

MKGA!

(Make Kiteboarding Great Again)

Return to “Kitesurfing”