Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Safety went off after minor crash.

Forum for kitesurfers
dazultra
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Botany Bay, Kurnell, Boat Harbour
Favorite Beaches: Aitutaki - One Foot Island & Honeymoon Island. Sri Lanka - Vella Island & Elements Resort lagoon. Old bar lagoon, Hawks Nest. Snowkite - Snowy Mountains Australia, NewZealand - Snowfarm/Pisa Range
Style: Wakestyle
Gear: Vegas/Gambler
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: Safety went off after minor crash.

Postby dazultra » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:29 pm

wrogu wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:39 pm
FLandOBX wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:53 pm
wrogu wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:29 am
Replacement for both ends of leash:

Works like a dream. Made a fix for my mystic leash with no cutting, splicing etc.
Hey, wrogu. If you replace both ends of the leash with the clip shown, aren't you giving up your quick release mechanism? That's a safety concern, isn't it? :o
Nope. I replaced both original carabiners, safety mechanism ... is safety mechanism,it was untouched and remained the same. I will try to post a pic later.

P.S. I use this kind of leash:
Hi Wrogu,
I'm trying to create the same leash setup as you, I've got the carabiners, can you please explain how you did it to the mystic leash without cutting anything, or maybe post a pic of what you did, I can see how you did the one at the release end, but the kite end looks like i need to cut the piece of plastic tube to get the carabiner off thanks!

wrogu
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Safety went off after minor crash.

Postby wrogu » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:06 pm

No cutting was needed at the kite end. I managed to do an oridiary connection same one as you do with a ring and a pigtail -> just like you do with a NKB bar and suicide ring and safety line:

https://www.burusports.eu/wp-content/up ... de_png.png

I will get my leash back in a couple of days .... lost luggage in transit :|
These users thanked the author wrogu for the post:
dazultra (Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:00 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Kitesurfing”