Leon van Bergen wrote: ↑
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:53 am
Thats sorry to hear, I do not expect a long life for Woo anymore. Price drop after a few months to €169 is not a good sign in my opinion.
Some people also having problems with the smart watch, leaking mount and Woo's that went off during sessions, the last one is solved i think.
Too bad because there are opportunities for a perfect device with for example a display and GPS etz.
I think the measuring part is already quite well developed, only add above mentioned features and I am a buyer.
Hopefully Woo will add or another new player will appear on the market soon.
TBH I dont think a new player would enter soon. Look at the history of devices coming in.
- With intro all new and good
- then people start comparing devices and start complaining about accuracy
- then first bugs/claims pop up
- Shortly after they will solve most initial complaints
- Then 2nd version is released or promoted
- after that the biggest target group is already supplied and the business starts loosing money
- support slowly starts to decrease
- after a while no replies and company ends
Might even be that PIQ will be the big winner as they are not only in there for the Kite/water sports.
Long story short I think there is not enough money to make this a good business case! Once you bought the product there are no further earnings