KiterDV
Rare Poster
Gear: Core
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kiteboard weight

Postby KiterDV » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:56 pm

Guys, I am debating to get a new board that will be good for Big Air and also for board off tricks/old school tricks. Therefore I'm looking for something very light and I like both the axis limited edition which is full carbon and the cabrinha X Caliber also full carbon. Does anyone know what's the weight or which board is lighter?

2018 cabrinha Xcaliber full carbon

VS

2015 axis limited full carbon

Thanks

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Re: Kiteboard weight

Postby matth » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:38 am

Crazyfly raptor pro is insanely light :thumb:

FLandOBX
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 81 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, North Carolina, USA
Central Florida, USA
Style: Freeride, Airstyle, Hydrofoil
Gear: Cab. Apollos, Cab. Contra One-Struts, FS Speed 4, FS Souls, Axis Ltd 132, RRD Poison 135, SS Ankle Biter, Moses 633, 679 & 590, SS Dwarfcraft 100cm, LF Galaxy 4'2"

Postby FLandOBX » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:39 am

KiterDV wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:56 pm

2018 cabrinha Xcaliber full carbon

VS

2015 axis limited full carbon
The Axis Ltd is a great board and is used by many airstyle/big air riders. I consider the Xcaliber more of a wakestyle board, but it is also a great carbon option. Both are light, but a board design comparison (shape, rocker, etc.) is probably more important than comparing weights if you're trying to choose a board for a specific riding style. For airstyle, personally, I'd choose the Axis.

rogue_kiteboarder
Frequent Poster
Gear: Crazy Fly Bulldozer/Crazyfly Raptor LTD, Naish Pivot, Duotone Rebel, Crazyfly Hyper, Mystic Majestic X
Brand Affiliation: Kiteboarding.com

Postby rogue_kiteboarder » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:53 pm

2019 Crazyfly Elite, even the big one, the 140x42 is only 7 pounds, complete.
IMG_0291.jpg
IMG_0290.jpg

FLandOBX
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 81 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, North Carolina, USA
Central Florida, USA
Style: Freeride, Airstyle, Hydrofoil
Gear: Cab. Apollos, Cab. Contra One-Struts, FS Speed 4, FS Souls, Axis Ltd 132, RRD Poison 135, SS Ankle Biter, Moses 633, 679 & 590, SS Dwarfcraft 100cm, LF Galaxy 4'2"

Postby FLandOBX » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:31 pm

I like the CF Raptor Ltd., too, and I happily rode one for several seasons. But the OP's question pertains to 2 other boards. Even after four replies (including mine), the OP's question hasn't been answered. There are always a lot of posts on this forum that aren't responsive to the question asked. I'm not casting stones because I'm guilty, too, but maybe someone can answer the question that the OP actually posed: i.e., what is the weight comparison between the 2015 Axis Ltd. and the 2018 Xcaliber? (I would respond if I had the information to give.) :thumb:

rogue_kiteboarder
Frequent Poster
Gear: Crazy Fly Bulldozer/Crazyfly Raptor LTD, Naish Pivot, Duotone Rebel, Crazyfly Hyper, Mystic Majestic X
Brand Affiliation: Kiteboarding.com

Postby rogue_kiteboarder » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:14 pm

I would if I could, but I can't so I shant.

But I am guilty of only reading very light board and jumping to post. Oh well.

dewwy
Medium Poster
Style: Freestyle/Wakestyle
Gear: -

Postby dewwy » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:47 pm

2018 Xcal carbon in 138 weights 2.86kg with fins
2018 Xcal wood in 140 weights 2.557kg without fins

No idea about the axis board.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:58 am

Why 2015 Axis? I've one in the shed I can weigh, I guess, but don't have straps/pads/fins on it...

I do remember it was silly light, and the SPF more than doubled the weight...but don't trust my memory. I don't.

KiterDV
Rare Poster
Gear: Core
Been thanked: 0

Postby KiterDV » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:52 pm

Thank you guys. Well, the reason for the question is because I would like to purchase another board for big air and old school tricks (a very light weight board) with s strict budget. Would probably get it used.

I love the crazyfly Raptor Ltd but I have never used one.
The crazyfly elite is really high in price.

Looking to spend no more than $500 (like I said, I know it will have to be a used one) but for that reason I join this forum to get some advice.

Someone is selling me the 2015 axis limited for $420
And a 2018 Xcaliber full carbon for $440. That's why i only mentioned those 2 boards.

Thank you,

lindseym
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tampa
Favorite Beaches: Islamorada
Style: airstyle, oldschool, freeride
Gear: Rebel 15, 12, 9
Brand Affiliation: Duotone

Postby lindseym » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:51 am

KiterDV wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:52 pm
Thank you guys. Well, the reason for the question is because I would like to purchase another board for big air and old school tricks (a very light weight board) with s strict budget. Would probably get it used.

I love the crazyfly Raptor Ltd but I have never used one.
The crazyfly elite is really high in price.

Looking to spend no more than $500 (like I said, I know it will have to be a used one) but for that reason I join this forum to get some advice.

Someone is selling me the 2015 axis limited for $420
And a 2018 Xcaliber full carbon for $440. That's why i only mentioned those 2 boards.

Thank you,
Do you have any friends who own either of these boards or is there a shop selling one that you can demo? Having owned more boards than I would like to admit, if there's one thing i have learned - nothing will teach you what you prefer more than demo'ing. So for example, I thought the CF Elite would be the perfect old school board given its light weight. But for me, it was too light and kind of felt like my rotations were off since there was nothing anchoring my feet. Also, when I did board flips in strong wind the board would just about fly away. I would have never known any of this unless I demo'ed my friend's and thank God I did. Instead of thinking about weight, I would consider how much grip vs. skatiness. The Axis has incredible grip and its channels make it much more forgiving on the landings. The Xc (to me) was a bit faster but more skaty. I personally like a board that makes you feel "locked in" and the Axis did this. However, with boards everyone is soooo different so you really just have to test as many as possible to unearth your own preferences. Hope this helps. Let us know what you end up going with.

Return to “Kitesurfing”