Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

WOO with Smartwatch?

Forum for kitesurfers
Leon van Bergen
Frequent Poster
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:25 am
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee
Style: Freeride
Gear: Duotone Rebels 6M, 8m & 11m, 17m Roca, on my Lieuwe Shotgun
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Netherlands
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: WOO with Smartwatch?

Postby Leon van Bergen » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:19 pm

maffhieu wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:52 pm
Leon van Bergen wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:41 pm
Guys, bought a Apple watch 3 Nike for less toen €300 and tested it yesterday with the Woo and I must say it works really nice!
It fits only a little messy between my wetsuit and gloves but yes, it’s just cold in the Netherlands at the moment.
if you have gopro or else i would really like to see how it looks when riding ... :bye:

Did you put a case on the AW :?:
Great idea, when the weather is better i will use my Gopro!
NO i not used a case for the Apple watch, just a strong silicone sports band..

maffhieu
Medium Poster
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:40 pm
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Le meridien
Gear: North Dice 12m 2016
North Dice 9m 2017
North Dice 7m 2018
North Team Series 2015
Ride Engine Silver Elite 2017
WOO 1.0
WOO 3.0
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Re: WOO with Smartwatch?

Postby maffhieu » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:46 am

Leon van Bergen wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:19 pm
maffhieu wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:52 pm
Leon van Bergen wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:41 pm
Guys, bought a Apple watch 3 Nike for less toen €300 and tested it yesterday with the Woo and I must say it works really nice!
It fits only a little messy between my wetsuit and gloves but yes, it’s just cold in the Netherlands at the moment.
if you have gopro or else i would really like to see how it looks when riding ... :bye:

Did you put a case on the AW :?:
Great idea, when the weather is better i will use my Gopro!
NO i not used a case for the Apple watch, just a strong silicone sports band..
Alright, Thanks :thumb:

touffegong
Rare Poster
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:03 am
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: New Caledonia - Aquareve
Favorite Beaches: CPT / Barra Grande
Gear: Dice 2019
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: WOO with Smartwatch?

Postby touffegong » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:36 am

I put a catalyst case on mine just to avoid breaking it with the bar or the board, not for water resistance

march_in
Rare Poster
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 2:33 pm
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Tarifa
Gear: naish park
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: WOO with Smartwatch?

Postby march_in » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:32 pm

I have huawei smartwatch 2 and i doesn't work as they claim. You can pair the woo but you cannot see the jumps while riding. pretty annoying - no response from support.

fabsix
Rare Poster
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Gear: Kite
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: WOO with Smartwatch?

Postby fabsix » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:53 pm

march_in wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:32 pm
I have huawei smartwatch 2 and i doesn't work as they claim. You can pair the woo but you cannot see the jumps while riding. pretty annoying - no response from support.
Hi, I have the same setup as you and it works fine for me. It seems the startup order matters.

1. PowerOn Woo (Green LED)
2. Start Woo App on Watch
3. Start Woo recording mode (red LED)
4. Ride hard. 🚀

If you switch 2/3 it will not display the height estimate of your jumps.

I also disable the display auto-lock.

Hope that helps

Greets

Fab

johnniek2
Rare Poster
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:18 pm
Kiting since: 2015
Gear: Cabrinha 10m2
Woodboard CRBN 135
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: WOO with Smartwatch?

Postby johnniek2 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:39 am

Hello everybody,

I have a TICWATCH S2 with WOO app installed and the same moment it touches water,
either it turns off screen or it goes back from your woo or any other tracking app to the watch face? nothing helps wrist gestures, screen always on etc. tried everything....

any app that helps that situation maybe?

its really annoying, to ride with it...

Thank you

beng
Rare Poster
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:22 am
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee
Style: Freeride
Gear: Duotone Rebel's
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: WOO with Smartwatch?

Postby beng » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:51 pm

Hi johnniek2,

I had the same with the Ticwatch S2.
The answer is an app called bubble wear launcher (google play store)
One of the things you do can with this, is make an app on the watch a so called "sticky" these means that it will always return to these app (the WOO app) after water contact or after a period of no action.
I made 2 Ticwatch S2"s working with this. Had several sessions with the watches and they work great :thumb:
Buy the premium versions to support the developer.
Hope this helps
These users thanked the author beng for the post:
Donniehall14 (Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:12 pm)
Rating: 10%

Patrick74
Rare Poster
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:45 pm
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Wulfener Hals
Favorite Beaches: Kailua Beach
Gear: Core. XR4
F-one Mitu
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: WOO with Smartwatch?

Postby Patrick74 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:23 pm

beng wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:51 pm
Hi johnniek2,

I had the same with the Ticwatch S2.
The answer is an app called bubble wear launcher (google play store)
One of the things you do can with this, is make an app on the watch a so called "sticky" these means that it will always return to these app (the WOO app) after water contact or after a period of no action.
I made 2 Ticwatch S2"s working with this. Had several sessions with the watches and they work great :thumb:
Buy the premium versions to support the developer.
Hope this helps
Hi beng,
how did you installed the woo app on the Ticwatch S2? I can't find the woo sports app in the play store of the watch.

beng
Rare Poster
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:22 am
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee
Style: Freeride
Gear: Duotone Rebel's
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: WOO with Smartwatch?

Postby beng » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:35 am

Hi Patrick74,
in this ( Woo3 and Nixon Mission by trickcoach ) thread on this forum, you can find he .apk. Sideload this on your watch,and voila Bob is your uncle :D

Have fun ,Beng
These users thanked the author beng for the post:
Sgallian (Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:08 am)
Rating: 10%

User avatar
Eurus
Frequent Poster
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 3:01 am
Kiting since: 0
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: WOO with Smartwatch?

Postby Eurus » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:46 am

Woo has the worst customer service in the kiting industry. I personally will not buy any more of their products.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andylc, Bing [Bot], downunder, Eckhardt, Exal, Gyre, MattyM and 12 guests

cron