Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

30+m breach??

forum for kitesurfers


airsurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 645
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:53 pm
Kiting since: 1998
Style: surf and hydrofoil big air and kiteloops
Gear: Ozone,Firewire, Moses, Zeeko,Levitaz, NP, ION
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: 30+m breach??

Postby airsurfer » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:35 pm

woo = 2x reality but as long as you're having fun who cares just load up and send it

User avatar
Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 37771
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:00 am
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.
Location: World (KF Admin)
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 25 times
Contact:

Re: 30+m breach??

Postby Toby » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:46 pm

It keeps people pushing further.
And the higher it goes the better it sells 😉

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1169
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Tawas, MI; OBX; SPI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Slingshot Turbine 9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m
Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses 91cm/42” masts 590/633 wings, Slingshot Dwarfcraft 42", MBS Comp 95x

For sale: MHL Lift 2013, Slingshot Coupe 6'
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: 30+m breach??

Postby grigorib » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:56 pm

I have seen many discussions on the “measuring performance” topic, I owned Woo for a short while, returned it.

I enjoy boosting, my two main criteria of high jumps are:
- thinking “holy f#%k, I hope I can land this soft”
- coming back onshore and folks are shaking heads saying “are you aware how high you go?”

Combination of these two tells me I’m pushing my limits.
Or opposite - not being able to see 3-story house roofs from above feels like a low, barely satisfactory jump

But I’m jumping only 15m tops

Leon van Bergen
Medium Poster
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:25 am
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee
Style: Freeride
Gear: 8m Rebel, 11m Rebel, 17m Roca, Lieuwe Shotgun and Mystic Majestic X.
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Netherlands
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 30+m breach??

Postby Leon van Bergen » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:46 pm

Today I kited with 5 friends and as always I asked how high they thought I jumped, everyone said around 10m and I jumped 10.1 m like many sessions before, that funny device is pretty accurate and there will be nothing better for now, Maybe stop whining and saying that Woo mesures twice the real hight is the biggest nonsense and a little pathetic behavior

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1309
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:49 am
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Re: 30+m breach??

Postby knotwindy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:31 pm

grigorib wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:56 pm
I enjoy boosting, my two main criteria of high jumps are:
- thinking “holy f#%k, I hope I can land this soft”
- coming back onshore and folks are shaking heads
Or opposite - not being able to see 3-story house roofs from above feels like a low, barely satisfactory jump

But I’m jumping only 15m tops
This^ When you can honestly see the tops of other kites and have time to enjoy the view and think ‘I may have to push the bar out and drop sooner because I might be getting farther downwind/too close to others’ than expected. :jump:

kiterocky
Frequent Poster
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:25 pm
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Montpellier
Gear: Wipika
Brand Affiliation: Wipika
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: 30+m breach??

Postby kiterocky » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:29 pm

Leon van Bergen wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:46 pm
Today I kited with 5 friends and as always I asked how high they thought I jumped, everyone said around 10m and I jumped 10.1 m like many sessions before, that funny device is pretty accurate and there will be nothing better for now, Maybe stop whining and saying that Woo mesures twice the real hight is the biggest nonsense and a little pathetic behavior
Or maybe your friend not very accurate...send them to south Africa for confirm the records... :jump: :jump: :naughty:

User avatar
deniska
Frequent Poster
Posts: 434
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:40 pm
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: Ozone, Core
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 30+m breach??

Postby deniska » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:54 pm

airsurfer wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:35 pm
woo = 2x reality but as long as you're having fun who cares just load up and send it
lookup this kid's facebook posts.. In September he did 25m jump on woo and had it filmed from the beach.. well it looks like 25m to me on that video...

User avatar
Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 37771
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:00 am
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.
Location: World (KF Admin)
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 25 times
Contact:

Re: 30+m breach??

Postby Toby » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:14 pm

Leon van Bergen wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:46 pm
Today I kited with 5 friends and as always I asked how high they thought I jumped, everyone said around 10m and I jumped 10.1 m like many sessions before, that funny device is pretty accurate and there will be nothing better for now, Maybe stop whining and saying that Woo mesures twice the real hight is the biggest nonsense and a little pathetic behavior
I don't think anyone said it measured twice as much?
Few meters was mentioned, also from people who compared the different versions of the Woo.

Maybe inaccuracies occur innaress with a less good GPS satellite connection?

While in your case it might have been excellent being that accurate.

Leon van Bergen
Medium Poster
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:25 am
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee
Style: Freeride
Gear: 8m Rebel, 11m Rebel, 17m Roca, Lieuwe Shotgun and Mystic Majestic X.
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Netherlands
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 30+m breach??

Postby Leon van Bergen » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:49 pm

Toby wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:14 pm
Leon van Bergen wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:46 pm
Today I kited with 5 friends and as always I asked how high they thought I jumped, everyone said around 10m and I jumped 10.1 m like many sessions before, that funny device is pretty accurate and there will be nothing better for now, Maybe stop whining and saying that Woo mesures twice the real hight is the biggest nonsense and a little pathetic behavior
I don't think anyone said it measured twice as much?
Few meters was mentioned, also from people who compared the different versions of the Woo.

Maybe inaccuracies occur innaress with a less good GPS satellite connection?

While in your case it might have been excellent being that accurate.
Jep on top of this page Airsurfer mentioned twice as much...
Yes maybe there are differences between Woo’s but they don’t use GPS.

Leon van Bergen
Medium Poster
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:25 am
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee
Style: Freeride
Gear: 8m Rebel, 11m Rebel, 17m Roca, Lieuwe Shotgun and Mystic Majestic X.
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Netherlands
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 30+m breach??

Postby Leon van Bergen » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:52 pm

kiterocky wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:29 pm
Leon van Bergen wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:46 pm
Today I kited with 5 friends and as always I asked how high they thought I jumped, everyone said around 10m and I jumped 10.1 m like many sessions before, that funny device is pretty accurate and there will be nothing better for now, Maybe stop whining and saying that Woo mesures twice the real hight is the biggest nonsense and a little pathetic behavior
Or maybe your friend not very accurate...send them to south Africa for confirm the records... :jump: :jump: :naughty:
Please take a good look to his videos by yourself and then please give an honest answer!


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], grandeand, lindseym, Yahoo [Bot], zerogee_ca and 15 guests

cron