Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Click bar, small problem, check yours.

Forum for kitesurfers
Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Click bar, small problem, check yours.

Postby Faxie » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:00 pm

cor wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:06 pm
Faxie wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:06 pm

If an advantage comes with a disadvantage, how can it be better?
A car with 4 wheel drive comes with the advantage of better traction but with the disadvantage of increased maintenance costs. Is that car now better than a car with 2WD? The question is not "is it better?" but "is it better for YOU?".

Any product that comes with advantages comes also with disadvantages and I am surprised that I actually need to explain that blatancy.
Then dont bring it as a fact. I for one, really hate the autountwist, because the extra friction will make it virtually impossible to crank the bar onehanded from a depowerd position. Something I do all the time when waveriding.

And lines are part of a bar. That's how you buy it, and that's how it should be judged.

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:19 pm

Interesting point. I really like the auto untwist. I just don't like the rectangular shaped trim line as thats what makes the sheeting action sticky. Interestingly I think I find the reverse problem to you though. I find in light foiling conditions that I can't sheet out the power easily but have never had any problems sheeting in one handed.

The click bar is an interesting proposition with a bunch of pros and cons. Weirdly the biggest perceived design flaw (o-ring used as a Y split point) is now being copied by Switch kites on their new bar.

Out of interest, which is your favourite bar/mix of parts from different bars?

faklord
Frequent Poster

Postby faklord » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:23 pm

Foil wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:16 pm
wrogu wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:14 pm
I do not own one but I really like the clean design of click bar. Without a click mechanism a perfect bar would be an iron heart relese with core plastic covered depower lines with unspinning mechanism and ozone/slingshot lines ;) But at the moment the cleanest design is click.
I believe I now have the best kite bar on the Planet, the click bar with all the best ever features, with the smoothest easiest depower system, no tangle bar spin ever, the best quick release ever, and now with superb Power Q line flying lines, and as far as I can see the PU power line will never need replacing.
don't ask the cost :o :o
Out of interest where did you get your q-power lines? Did you find a uk supplier?

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:46 pm

nothing2seehere wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:19 pm
Interesting point. I really like the auto untwist. I just don't like the rectangular shaped trim line as thats what makes the sheeting action sticky. Interestingly I think I find the reverse problem to you though. I find in light foiling conditions that I can't sheet out the power easily but have never had any problems sheeting in one handed.

The click bar is an interesting proposition with a bunch of pros and cons. Weirdly the biggest perceived design flaw (o-ring used as a Y split point) is now being copied by Switch kites on their new bar.

Out of interest, which is your favourite bar/mix of parts from different bars?
The V adjuster is a good idea indeed, shame the first version eats up the lines. More brands should use it though. I think the Switch method works better, but it doesn't look high tech offcourse. Haven't heard any complaints about that one, but I never used it myself.

I made my own bar. Mostly the same system as Ozone, but I covered the safetyline in PU, plus some other minor changes.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2386870&start=60

Only problem so far is that the rubber on top of the swivel gets damaged pretty quickly, so I'm gonna make some easy replacements one day.

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.

Postby Foil » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:39 am

faklord wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:23 pm
Foil wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:16 pm
wrogu wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:14 pm
I do not own one but I really like the clean design of click bar. Without a click mechanism a perfect bar would be an iron heart relese with core plastic covered depower lines with unspinning mechanism and ozone/slingshot lines ;) But at the moment the cleanest design is click.
I believe I now have the best kite bar on the Planet, the click bar with all the best ever features, with the smoothest easiest depower system, no tangle bar spin ever, the best quick release ever, and now with superb Power Q line flying lines, and as far as I can see the PU power line will never need replacing.
don't ask the cost :o :o
Out of interest where did you get your q-power lines? Did you find a uk supplier?
I got mine from the states but it cost a fortune with the £96 import tax from Ups.
Infexion from Denmark do it I have now discovered,
https://www.facebook.com/infexionkiteboarding
its worth remembering that by far, the best way to attach power Q line to your kite is to use the longish 25cm kite line pigtails you get with the north click bar, as they are indestructible and ever so easy to attach/un-attach even with gloves on in winter,
even though Q line has many advantages undoing a larks head knot attachment point to the kite is not one of them.

evan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Brouwersdam
Style: Hydrofoil - Big Air
Gear: Infexion bars
Brand Affiliation: Infexion

Postby evan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:58 am

Not Denmark, but close: The Netherlands ;)

And I don't sell q power lines, only spliceable SK99

purdyd
Very Frequent Poster

Postby purdyd » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:52 pm

I believe the y adapter wear was fixed with the 2018 bar. I have not noticed any wear at that point.

When I first got the click bar I wasn’t happy because I too thought the depower rope was sticky. But after a couple of weeks, it was a none issue.

I think the pu cover becomes a bit less gummy and you adapt.

I would pick smoother over self unwinding but for me it is a non issue. You do have to make sure your front lines aren’t crossed as you can’t straighten after launch.

Just got my replacement lines, Liros 1.5mm backs and eurocord 1.6mm fronts
FBFEA8E8-1D16-4A79-8914-5F8F1E574721.jpeg

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.

Postby Foil » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:57 pm

evan wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:58 am
Not Denmark, but close: The Netherlands ;)

And I don't sell q power lines, only spliceable SK99
oops sorry Evan,
Yes, Evan offers a complete re line kit for the click bar or just the flying lines in SK99.
its the guys in Australia who offer Q line, easy to find on E bay,
they dominate the first 6+ pages when you enter Power Q line in the search box.

Return to “Kitesurfing”