Great, thanks for the quick responses!
I was just about to post that as I've been sessioning a trainer kite since November i was considering buying the gear before the lesson as a way of pre-familiarising myself... I had a nagging feeling akin to your advice though!
I should say that i'm definitely not looking to break the bank on whichever first kite I get, more the opposite, but would you say that the risk would be decreased if I intended to only fly it on two feet on the land until after the lesson?..
I hadn't thought of that option, good thinking, thanks.
Now that foil kites are pretty much off the table for me and a 3 strut model looks to be the way to go, I will aim to hold out until after the lesson, if an absolute bargain presents itself beforehand though and I decide to loosen the purse strings early, what does everyone think about this chart http://www.kitesurfnow.eu/images/pdftex ... ooklet.pdf
Does it generally seem realistic?..
Haven't been able to find local average waves/current info yet grigorib
but according to world weather online we see from roughly 6-13MPH in the summer and around 13-25MPH in the winter. Gusts don't ever seem to register over 32MPH which doesn't sound right..
Thanks for the litewave tip Kees
, looks like you can indeed get them over here, interesting that they seem to have evolved into an almost snowboard like shape?