Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Fukushima - isn't it time we started worrying?

Forum for kitesurfers
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Fukushima - isn't it time we started worrying?

Postby tautologies » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:38 pm

CaptainCore wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:55 pm
Jesus H Kerist the fake news you yanks swallow, no wonder nobody is complaining.. Here in Europe we're still suffering the increased Cancer rates from Chernobyl, I hate to ruin your day but Fukushima has kicked out 100 times what Chernobyl did and they still haven't even got a lid on it so they can start to remove the fuel rods..

Eating a banana FFS -really.
This is such bullshit. Core you should be ashamed to put out such nonsense. You post an image that is debunked years ago...its a wave, and has nothing at all to do with radiation. Shouldn't you apologise for perpetuating this nonsense?

CaptainCore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Seabrook Kent
Favorite Beaches: Nyali - Kenya
Style: Old School
Gear: Core Nexus. Fusion 4, Moses
Brand Affiliation: Gods own Core.

Postby CaptainCore » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:13 pm

tautologies wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:38 pm
CaptainCore wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:55 pm
Jesus H Kerist the fake news you yanks swallow, no wonder nobody is complaining.. Here in Europe we're still suffering the increased Cancer rates from Chernobyl, I hate to ruin your day but Fukushima has kicked out 100 times what Chernobyl did and they still haven't even got a lid on it so they can start to remove the fuel rods..

Eating a banana FFS -really.
This is such bullshit. Core you should be ashamed to put out such nonsense. You post an image that is debunked years ago...its a wave, and has nothing at all to do with radiation. Shouldn't you apologise for perpetuating this nonsense?
We know it's bullshit, the map, I indicated that to start with, as more reverent posters that have contributed duly noted and as I said to the other irreverent, it's Captain, or Sir, not "Core' or CORE or COREporate if you don't mind, nothing I say or do here is any representation of that brand unless I say it is, and right now they have no feeling about their customers being radiated or not, the purpose of the thread as I said twice previously was to tease out some facts from some of the more intelligent folk on here, most of whom appear to have left since the place has become so negative.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:12 am

CaptainCore wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:13 pm

We know it's bullshit, the map, I indicated that to start with, as more reverent posters that have contributed duly noted and as I said to the other irreverent, it's Captain, or Sir, not "Core' or CORE or COREporate if you don't mind, nothing I say or do here is any representation of that brand unless I say it is, and right now they have no feeling about their customers being radiated or not, the purpose of the thread as I said twice previously was to tease out some facts from some of the more intelligent folk on here, most of whom appear to have left since the place has become so negative.
Why not ask for information then? The false image is inflammatory and has no place in any kind of normal conversation. Fact is that there are radiation measurements all over the US and they are reporting that YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.
Obviously that monitoring will die if the turd in the white house gets his way on closing down the EPA.

Here you can read what Radnet is saying about fukoshima. https://www.epa.gov/radnet/2011-japanes ... r-incident

BTW Here is the current note on the EPA rad net website: Due to a lapse in appropriations, EPA websites will not be regularly updated. In the event of an environmental emergency imminently threatening the safety of human life or where necessary to protect certain property, the EPA website will be updated with appropriate information. Please note that all information on the EPA website may not be up to date, and transactions and inquiries submitted to the EPA website may not be processed or responded to until appropriations are enacted.

k2thiago
Medium Poster
Style: Big Air, Freeride, Photography
Gear: Core XR5
Nexus
Harlem Light
Shinn Bronq

Postby k2thiago » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:44 am

I would like to add my two cents to this discussion. I've worked for a company that conducted a long marine monitoring project for Japan government after the disaster, where seismic signals, environmental parameters and radioactivity was monitored on a daily basis for few years after the fukushima accident (if i am not wrong the project still going). Albeit the local impact being terrible, the Japan government did a really good job with the mitigation measures using the best technology disponsible. I haven't been in that particular vessel, but close friends of mine where there and the data colected from distances of couple of hundreds km from the Fukushima didnt show anything alarming. Actually the radioactivity measured in some spots along west african coast can be 30 times higher than the readings of Fukushima zone, d/t criminal radioactive residuals disposal. I havent seen the biological samples or the results, but i would assume that is probably more concerning d/t bioacumilation effects, than the environmental radioactivity itself. I would keep kiting in pacific, but would think twice in consume any fish or seafood from that region.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:01 am

They are monitoring sea food too.

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:59 am

CaptainCore wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:02 pm
As to buoyancy, should be another thread, personally I had strong feelings about not being forced to wear it, so Mae undermines all that but she's a Seppo, so doesn't worry me. Impact vest should be enough even on fresh water if there's a wetsuit involved......
I agree with you in totality on this. But you still dodged my question as I predicted you would.

So let me ask you again:
Matteo V wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:47 pm
And in all honesty, don't you think those willing to use safety gear that may make them look "uncool", are actually more brave than those who forgo the safety gear because they are trying to look cool? - That is a big question, and I don't really expect you to be able to respond to that one. But give it your best shot, if you are brave enough.
Do you have an answer for the above? And please don't dodge this one with a reference to being OT again.

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:08 am

tautologies wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:12 am
Why not ask for information then? The false image is inflammatory and has no place in any kind of normal conversation.....
I will defend Cappy in this - this is simply how his mind works.

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:49 am

downunder wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:06 am
Yeah,

But hey, Matty is just visiting this Euro (German) forum in the absence of decent US one. And trying to dominate in every-single-conversation like Yanks usually do when overseas. He doesn’t spellcheck Toby, does he? ;)

Which says everything...
Well no reply from Cappy on the lifejacket shaming thing so......

Downsy,

You do know this is an international forum, right? I mean did you read the original post? Let me lay out this topic alone:

1. On a forum owned by a German who primarily kites only in Brazil, a British poster posts about the Japanese Fukushima disaster which happened in an ocean that is as far away from Germany as possible. My assumption is that this is very much the best example of something international and not "Euro (German)" as you stated. So where did you get that, or what are you trying to say?

2. If this is a German forum, then what are you (Downsey) doing here? Do you kite at the world renowned kite destinations in Germany? Or are you origionally of German decent? Or do you have German citizenship?

Your-post-a-make-a-no-sense. Help us out here.

Galeltic
Very Frequent Poster
Location: i m lost cause kiting adrenaline steal my soul with heart

Postby Galeltic » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:20 pm

JakeFarley wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:14 am
bAL GODZILLA.jpg
i never see gal kiter use leash to her bottom pad , whoa ! :jump:

Galeltic
Very Frequent Poster
Location: i m lost cause kiting adrenaline steal my soul with heart

Postby Galeltic » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:25 pm

i heard rumor about russian will help japan for clean up , this summer , as i hope ! but i know it would be longest way to clean up by itself

Return to “Kitesurfing”