Forum for kitesurfers
windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: North/Ozone/Airush/PLKB/F.One
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ozone Enduro V3 Release Date ?

Postby windsuks » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:48 pm

Yes I believe it is the Light blue, I only had a few minutes on the freeride setting it had a very Ozone familiar feeling to it.
The inflate valve looks to be i=unchanged but the connecting points are all now very much improved and look way more robust compared to the previous models, so hopefully no more splitting connecting tubes.
The bag is all new which is super light weight, I just hope the zips last better than the older ones!
These users thanked the author windsuks for the post (total 2):
zlatko23 (Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:51 pm) • nikolaygadzhev77 (Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:49 pm)
Rating: 16.67%

zlatko23
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 70
Favorite Beaches: Keros(Limnos), Milos & Agios Nikolaos (Lefkada)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Drifter 5m, Switchblade 7m, Contra 13m, Ozone Enduro V2 9m & V3 11m, CrazyFly Raptor LTD

Postby zlatko23 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:55 pm

Yes - I immediately noticed how thicker and sturdier are the strut connections! The bag is a "mixed bag" :) of feelings for me - yes, it is light weight but I do not like the colours and the netting on the lower part will be allowing in sand and dust when the kite/bag sits outside. Zippers are smoother, but as you said - we have yet to see how durable they are in operation :)

andikite
Medium Poster
Style: Strapless
Gear: Duotone Dice 6, 9, 12.
Duotone Clickbar 22-24
Duotone pro whip csc 5'2
Ride Engine 2019 Harness

Postby andikite » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:12 pm

Ok, we know the improvements of the bag. Now what about the kite? 😂 Light blue looks nice. In pictures, kite while flying looks less C-shape than older version, is right?

ScoopZ
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Scotland.
Style: Catching bumps/carving.
Gear: Ozone 2014 Cats - 10/12.
Airush 5'6" Cypher
Airush Sector 60.

Postby ScoopZ » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:43 pm

Thumbs up for that protective patch over the valve area.

I prefer ozone's on the middle wingtip with 23m lines, this one looks ace, I'm gonna need an 11!

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: North/Ozone/Airush/PLKB/F.One

Postby windsuks » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:05 pm

These users thanked the author windsuks for the post (total 3):
zlatko23 (Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:00 pm) • alford (Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:00 pm) • ScoopZ (Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:04 pm)
Rating: 25%

zlatko23
Medium Poster
Gear: Cabrinha Drifter 5m, Switchblade 7m, Contra 13m, Ozone Enduro V2 9m & V3 11m, CrazyFly Raptor LTD

Postby zlatko23 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:07 pm

First session on the V3 for me today - wind was light, like 11-14 knots. Not perfect for the size, but I wanted to try it out instead of riding Contra 13m. I was on 11m with twintip. Kite is light, flies really well, stable, no backstall tendencies I notice. I was able to hold upwind, while lighter girl on 12m Switchblade was having hard times. Not much I can make out of the kite in 40 minutes in marginal conditions, but so far I am satisfied - feels a lot more natural, light and playful than 10m Switchblade and Contra 13m. What I noticed as geometry change is that the ratio wing tip width to central strut length is different than V2 - it's like V3 has more swept back tips, not so rectangular shape overall as V2. I will give more feedback once I spend more time in conditions that better suit the kite size.

ScoopZ
Medium Poster
Airush 5'6" Cypher
Airush Sector 60.

Postby ScoopZ » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:02 pm

zlatko23 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:07 pm
First session on the V3 for me today - wind was light, like 11-14 knots. Not perfect for the size, but I wanted to try it out instead of riding Contra 13m. I was on 11m with twintip. Kite is light, flies really well, stable, no backstall tendencies I notice. I was able to hold upwind, while lighter girl on 12m Switchblade was having hard times. Not much I can make out of the kite in 40 minutes in marginal conditions, but so far I am satisfied - feels a lot more natural, light and playful than 10m Switchblade and Contra 13m. What I noticed as geometry change is that the ratio wing tip width to central strut length is different than V2 - it's like V3 has more swept back tips, not so rectangular shape overall as V2. I will give more feedback once I spend more time in conditions that better suit the kite size.
How did you find it underpowered for downloops?

I have a 2014 12m cat that really just stalls/pivots around when I ask it for power rather than driving through with forward speed. It's the only thing I dislike about it. I fancy the upgrade to a V3 same size as you have for a bit of everything, foil, surfboard, twin tip.

zlatko23
Medium Poster

Postby zlatko23 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:49 pm

@ScoopZ - I did just once downloop jibe for the time I had on the water today, as the wind was so light that most of the time I was just trying to stay upwind. I don't feel the Enduro V2 downloops in low wind are powered, same feeling with V3. In light wind I barely have the power to get out of the carve without sinking. But the loop is fast and predictable.

ScoopZ
Medium Poster
Airush 5'6" Cypher
Airush Sector 60.

Postby ScoopZ » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:09 am

zlatko23 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:49 pm
@ScoopZ - I did just once downloop jibe for the time I had on the water today, as the wind was so light that most of the time I was just trying to stay upwind. I don't feel the Enduro V2 downloops in low wind are powered, same feeling with V3. In light wind I barely have the power to get out of the carve without sinking. But the loop is fast and predictable.
Thanks, I will try to get a demo over the next few months.

zlatko23
Medium Poster

Postby zlatko23 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:12 am

Here is what Ozone themselves have to say about the changes in V3:

"The V3 takes the legendary Ozone feeling to the next level, refinements to the sail shape and tension reduces sail luff at low angles of attack and increases stability overall. To further improve the V3’s performance it features our new extensively tested material combination. Our new triple rip-stop canopy material with advanced ultra flex coatings improves feedback in gustier conditions making for a smoother ride. The new technical triple rip-stop dacron is super tough, used on the Leading Edge and Struts it improves strength, durability and longevity.
The Enduro V3 is the first model to debut our new One Pump inflation system, with almost twice the airflow capacity, it gets you out on the water faster and makes packing down easy."

Had a nicely powered session yesterday morning on my 11m - kite is all I wanted it to be, using it on freeride setting, with the fastest turn wingtip setting. It felt almost like my 9m V2, a tad slower. Jumps felt more floaty, more hangtime, but this could be due to the bigger size. In all honesty - I can not tell a difference in flight characteristics between V2 and V3. The new one pump connections are nice upgrade though, as well as the new triple rip-stop materials.
Last edited by zlatko23 on Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”