F-One Mitu 5'10
Moses Fluente Onda 633
Flyboard Radical S
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Fuerteventura in March

Postby mr_wilson » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:53 pm

Good to know, I did not have Tenerife on my list. If I can't find a solutions for my transportation problem, I'll try to go there. I wote Ben from flagbeach. Hopefully he responds...

Onda
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Baltic Sea / North Sea (Germany)
Favorite Beaches: Wijk aan Zee (NL)
Ouddorp (NL)
Norre Vorupor (DK)
Heiligenhafen (DE)
Style: strictly unstrapped, mainly foiling
Gear: Slingshot / Infexion / Alpine / F-One / CORE / Firewire / Duotone

Postby Onda » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:15 pm

In El Medano you can contact the surf center playa sur, directly on the beach. Very friendly guys there, comfortable storage and reasonable pricing.

gmb13
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: Flag Beach, Fuerteventura
Style: Everything
Gear: Indiana, Sailmon
Brand Affiliation: Indiana, Sailmon

Postby gmb13 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:12 pm

mr_wilson wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:24 pm
Hey there,
I am thinking of having a week at Fuerteventura in March. I want to take my Foil (Moses Onda) and progress my jibes. If there are some small waves - nice. I can't rent a car because of some issues with my eye sight.

So where could be a good place to stay for me?

Correlejo looks nice. I don't want to ride my new set directly into some riff. Where are good entry points?
Where should I try to get an accomodation to reach a good spot walking. Are there any kitehostels/clubs or something else, offering airport transfer or trips to other kitespots.

Wich kite sizes do I have to bring in spring (98 kg)?

It would be super nice, if you can give me some input. My friends are to busy to join the trip, so I have to cancel it, or do it alone. If you know how to do a solotrip without a car at spots wich are not to remote to kite safe, please let me know.
Hi Mr Wilson,

The only place to stay which is walking distance away from Flag Beach in the RIU Tres Islas Hotel. It's about 1.3km down the beach from the Flag Beach School.

The safest place to go in the water at Flag with a foil is directly in front of the School. Everywhere else you run the risk of hitting the rock plates. Once you are out you are safe as long as you do not kite to far into the "kite Zone". Stay in the windsurf zone and you will have no problems with rocks. I think this video clearly highlights where to good areas are to ride.

You can always come with me to other spots if Flag is not working. Just PM me.

In March the wind is a mixed bag. So bring enough kites to cover anything from 6 to 30 knots.

--
Gunnar

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.

Postby Foil » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:15 am

To get the best from fuerteventura as with many other spots around the globe you need to go often and learn from the locals and explore the possibilities open to you when you have your foil kit in the car,
I am nearing the end of my second season now on the foil here in fuerteventura, only 11 days left,
I take 4 sets of 3 weeks over the winter periods from November to end of February,
Last year out of my 12 weeks only 4 days were not foilable for me, and 2 of them were days of too much wind,
mostly sailing on flag beach with maybe 5 days sailing at Matas bay, a 90 minute drive south for the best off shore wind sailing I have ever experienced, (of course you have to pay for rescue cover before entering the water)
This season my hands are showing signs of some strong winds, the last 4 days have been on my 6 MTR kite at Matas bay, and after checking the forecast for the next 11 days I will be spliting my time between Flag beach and Matas, the waves you get at flag are just perfect for me, or at times like early morning you can be on the water all by yourself to explore miles of empty ocean with some great sea shape to get your legs working and eyes focused, again I have only missed around 2 or 3 days sailing due to lack of wind, but you do need a full quiver of kites, from 6mtr to 12mtr works best for me,

The drive back up north from Matas bay takes you past many of the other kiting spots on the east coast, and sometimes they are working well with many guys out, but many less foil boards, if any, at times of big waves,.
I love to finish a long hard day by stopping at Nico's Belgium beer bar, situated on a big roundabout on the ringroad about 2 km from Flag beach, kick back and watch all the cars and vans loaded up with sailing kit going by, mostly surf boards piled high on top of vans making those way back to base after another epic day.
What a place this is,😎
God my hands hurt today, all blistered and red.brilliant!

mr_wilson
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: Brandon Bay Ireland, Wiek Rügen, Vorupor DK
Gear: North Neo 5, 7, 9, Flysurfer Boost 13, 18
F-One Mitu 5'10
Moses Fluente Onda 633
Flyboard Radical S
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby mr_wilson » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:18 pm

Thanks for all the tips and insights.
This time I will go to Tenerife and give it a try at El Médano. I booked a room at Hotel Playa Sur, so there should be no shorter way to the kite beach.
There will be other kite trips and I will go to Fuerte later.

MattyM
Medium Poster
Gear: Core, F-One, Moses

Postby MattyM » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:48 am

If it's not too late - pick a high tide week for Flag Beach - especially if you are foiling.

Return to “Kitesurfing”