Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Crazy Beaches
Style: Kooky
Gear: Go
Brand Affiliation: Sales/Marketing/Service for Duotone/Ion in North America

Re: ION Ballistic Boots Shaft too stretchy

Postby Dan-at-Duotone » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:08 pm

Personally I think you should try the al pastor. Goes to show we all have different tastes I think they make the instep so flexible for ease of entry, with the strap there to secure you once you're in, but I definitely understand your thoughts. Either way I'll definitely pass your thoughts on to the boot designer at Ion... They really like this kind of feedback and though they've probably got 2020 all planned out hopefully it'll help us rework them in the future.

-Dan

Ice101
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: ION Ballistic Boots Shaft too stretchy

Postby Ice101 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:28 pm

I loved my last ion ballistic 6mm winter boots. Most comfy I ever worn, certainly the warmest. Never got cold feet nd lasted longer than any other I had from Cskin and the like. They wore out last year though finally. Bought the new ones. Exactly the same problem. Tried them on and when you bend your foot forward onto your toes the ankle seal would fall away from your ankle with a large gap. Only boots I have ever tried that do this. Sent them back thinking it was an odd cut boot. New ones came the same. So sent them back to. Saggy ankle top part. Tried once more. Third set exactly the same. All the new ones were poorly designed and cut with too much material around the top of the boot. Very disappointing. The old ones had ankle straps as well. Which although not brilliant would of at least allowed you to strap them tight but the new ones don’t have the straps or the dry lock style seal around the tops so very poorly designed. Will not buy another pair until hey have straps around the ankles and realised the boots are far too saggy around the tops. Dan if you work for Ion you really need to take his up with the factory as they are killing your boot business.

Return to “Kitesurfing”