Rewa, Poland
Muizenberg, South Africa
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Slingshot
Brand Affiliation: Rider
Has thanked: 0

Re: Choosing between Two Slingshot Foil boards

Postby karolinakite » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:24 pm

Dwarfcraft is easier to travel with. The Alien Air has a big floatation, but the dimensions are too big to put in a board bag. If you aren't traveling Alien air is definitely better to start. However 4'6 dwarfcraft is big enough for the beginners. I teach my students on dwarfcraft 4'6 and they don't have any problems to learn hydrofoiling in 1 day!

Highly recommended to get HALF STRAPS! They will help you out to get the water starts faster.

hope that helps
Karolina
These users thanked the author karolinakite for the post:
beebad (Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:59 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Flyboy
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Choosing between Two Slingshot Foil boards

Postby Flyboy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:59 am

I just learnt to foil on a full-length mast & a 4'6" dwarfcraft. IMO opinion the DWC is big enough to learn on. Sure the AA might make the first couple of sub-foiling sessions a little easier, but not by that much & once you're up on the foil the extra size makes little difference. I agree with Tom however: the rocker line of the DWC is a bit odd. Doesn't have enough flip in the nose. Again this is of marginal significance once you're consistently foiling, but seems a poor design choice nevertheless.
These users thanked the author Flyboy for the post:
beebad (Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:59 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Kitesurfing”