Fonte Da Telha, Portugal
Lagoa de Obidos, Portugal
Favorite Beaches: Lagoa de Obidos, Guincho Portugal
Style: waveriding
Gear: Naish Boxer
Brand Affiliation: North, Naish, Mystic, Ride Engine Portugal

Kitesurfing instructor in US

Postby Stefan1 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:14 am

Dear friends, my name is Stefan and I’m professional kiteboarding instructor IKO level 3 with 8 years of teaching experience.

I’m thinking to spent this coming summer in USA and looking for the right spot / school to check and apply for the job.
Which area will you recomend me to look for? As I understood Miami isn’t right place for May - October period, what other spots should I look for?
Any ideas, advises will be much appreciated.

Keep it up

Hugh2
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 180lb/82kg
Local Beach: Clinton Lake in East-Central Illinois
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras and Cape Town (also sailing around the world, this season crossed the South Pacific)
Style: freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Nomad 5.5, Naish Pivot 6, 7, 9, 10 and 11, Duotone Dice 12
Long Ocean 136, Eleveight Master C+ 136, Naish Global 6'0", RB Sixty 3 Matador 5' 8", Slingshot Hoverglide H5 foil and Alien Air 4' 6" and Converter boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Kitesurfing instructor in US

Postby Hugh2 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:15 am

Cape Hatteras or Hood River would be best, although Hood River winds down before October. You could start with REAL in Cape Hatteras, they are a big operation with lots of intructors, Kittyhawk kites is smaller, then there are lots of small intruction operations, mostly single guys and gals. I'm not familiar with the major operators in Hood River, but there is a lot of teaching there in the summer.

Return to “Kitesurfing”