Local Beach: Lancelin
Style: Strapless/Freeride
Gear: Core Nexus 8 & 10
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Core Rope chickenloop

Postby Flatop » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:17 am

Hey,
Just trying to figure out if anyone has found a way to run a core bar with something similar to Slingshots Talon system on it for a rope slider.

I’m unfortunate in the height department so find that running a ring on the rope or sometimes even the chicken loop straight onto it ruins the bar throw. Looking to bring it a bit closer to me and get a little less friction as well!

Cheers

or6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 81
Local Beach: Wijk aan zee, Zandmotor, Hoek and in between
Favorite Beaches: Muriwai NZ, El Medano Tenerife, la Ventana México, Hood River, Portland area, Vancouver Island, Wijk aan Zee, Moulay Bouzerktoun
Style: Waveriding
Gear: RRD Religion 4 meter, 5 and 7 meter Kauper XT Maverick, 9 meter Core GTS6, Ben Wilson Vibe 9, Peter Lynn Phantom v2 9, Appletree Klokhouse Noseless 5'3", Wanted Pure 6'0", Shinn Bronq Heritage, Gong Foil

Re: Core Rope chickenloop

Postby or6 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:50 am

I run two steel rings on a dyneema rope. I hook into the two steel rings. With two rings, there's very little friction.

This doesn't really shorten the distance to the bar....but doesn't lengthen it either. Pretty good solution, I'd say.

A cheap and effective way a friend of mine uses does make it a lot shorter. Whether it works or not depends on the diameter of your chickenloop. He uses tubing from Uponor (industrial tubing, for heating systems). Just uses leftovers, puts it around the CL (not an easy job, apparently). Doesn't wear out very fast, friction is OK.

Steel rings last longer, but don't bring the CL closer to the body.

Hope this helps
These users thanked the author or6 for the post (total 2):
Flatop (Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:50 pm) • THOR_NADO (Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:38 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

zerogee_ca
Very Frequent Poster

Postby zerogee_ca » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:45 pm

Flatop wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:17 am
Hey,
Just trying to figure out if anyone has found a way to run a core bar with something similar to Slingshots Talon system on it for a rope slider.

I’m unfortunate in the height department so find that running a ring on the rope or sometimes even the chicken loop straight onto it ruins the bar throw. Looking to bring it a bit closer to me and get a little less friction as well!

Cheers
Been wondering about the Talon too. Almost looks like it can fit into the Core bar?? Has anyone tried it??

Flatop
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Lancelin
Style: Strapless/Freeride
Gear: Core Nexus 8 & 10
Been thanked: 0

Postby Flatop » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:10 am

zerogee_ca wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:45 pm
Flatop wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:17 am
Hey,

Cheers
Been wondering about the Talon too. Almost looks like it can fit into the Core bar?? Has anyone tried it??
The fixed end does fit however the actual release end doesn’t due to the twist instead of push release and the spacing around the plastic. Plus the shape of the actual release means there isn’t enough clearence under it for the talon to work properly. Have thought about trying to mod it with dynema but was looking to see if anyone had done it already or had thought of a better way. Might mess around with it though and see if I can find a way to fit it :)

Return to “Kitesurfing”