Medium Poster
Style: freeride / wave
Gear: Naish Dash/Pivot, Ozone Enduro
Nobile T5/NHP
Brand Affiliation: None

Naish Dash 1st vs 2nd release?

Postby czezz » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:28 pm

Hi everyone,
does anyone have experience with Naish Dash 1st and 2nd release/edition and can say are there significant changes?
Last edited by czezz on Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jake-Skymonster
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Longniddry, Scotland
Gear: Cabrinha FX / Moto / Contra
Core GTS / XR / Nexus
Ozone Edge
Peter Lynn Swell
Brand Affiliation: www.skymonster.com
Has thanked: 0

Re: Naish Dash 2018 vs 2019?

Postby Jake-Skymonster » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:45 pm

Do you mean the one that has been released in 2018 (i.e. "2019" model) or the one that's about to be released this spring?

czezz
Medium Poster
Nobile T5/NHP

Postby czezz » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:51 pm

Hi, ya im a bit confused now with Naish series now.

Its probably the first thing you said. So, it would be Dash 1st vs 2nd release.

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ludmil » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:38 pm

The 3rd is around the corner.
I guess.

czezz
Medium Poster
Nobile T5/NHP

Re: Naish Dash 1st vs 2nd release?

Postby czezz » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:50 pm

Probably yes and if so I have updated my question :)
does anyone have experience with Naish Dash 1st and 2nd release/edition and can say are there significant changes?

Strekke
Frequent Poster
Gear: 2021 Cabrinha Drifters - Naish Pivot - Flysurfer Peak4 - Core Choice - Firewire Vader 5'2 - F-One Phantom

Postby Strekke » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:10 pm

Based on extensive experience on Dash 8m's both versions back to back, I find they fly quite differently. 2017/1st version: crispier feel, quick around the loop with little pull, boosting machine when powered up, overall one of the best kites I've ever owned. 2018/2nd version: less low end but better high end, less crispy feel (especially in its lower range), bigger arc/more pull during loops, thinner leading edge so flies a bit more forward in the window, but also drops you faster than the previous version.

If you like to ride overpowered and like loops with more pull, the 2018 will be a good choice. If you also like to ride the kite in its lower end, the 2017 is the way to go. I personally prefer the 2017 by miles. 10m's also tested back to back, and there is less difference to be felt between both versions.

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ludmil » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:29 pm

Interesting, do they differ in pop& slack dept.? Although this is more relevant to the bigger sizes.
Czezz, I just mentioned that soon new one will be released...👍

Strekke
Frequent Poster
Gear: 2021 Cabrinha Drifters - Naish Pivot - Flysurfer Peak4 - Core Choice - Firewire Vader 5'2 - F-One Phantom

Postby Strekke » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:08 pm

Ludmil wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:29 pm
Interesting, do they differ in pop& slack dept.? Although this is more relevant to the bigger sizes.
Czezz, I just mentioned that soon new one will be released...👍
Don't unhook so can't answer that, sorry. But my gutfeel says that the 2018 is more freestyle-oriented, so maybe the newer version has better pop 'n slack.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:28 pm

Strekke wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:10 pm
Based on extensive experience on Dash 8m's both versions back to back, I find they fly quite differently. 2017/1st version: crispier feel, quick around the loop with little pull, boosting machine when powered up, overall one of the best kites I've ever owned. 2018/2nd version: less low end but better high end, less crispy feel (especially in its lower range), bigger arc/more pull during loops, thinner leading edge so flies a bit more forward in the window, but also drops you faster than the previous version.

If you like to ride overpowered and like loops with more pull, the 2018 will be a good choice. If you also like to ride the kite in its lower end, the 2017 is the way to go. I personally prefer the 2017 by miles. 10m's also tested back to back, and there is less difference to be felt between both versions.
Interesting. I do not have much experience with the newer version, but my take was that I preferred the newest model when I rode it more aggressively. So pulling harder for jumps and committing to loops (I do not mean mega loops). There was a slight timining difference, that might explain if you were used to one version over another? I dunno. I like them both.

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ludmil » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:57 pm

I have 2 kites from 18/19 model and it's great in any aspect. Initially felt them kind of twitchy with tendency to overfly in low gusty conditions.
After 5 sessions the kind of settled down and became awesome (like this, could mean they may not turn out to baggy shit after some time crashing them) The 11 is my all time favorite. Starts easily from 14-15 knots with my Stomp, (high rocker) and I am comfortable to unhook till 22.
Hooked in, I could only guess the top end...
Friend of mine,a lighter rider w/ RRD Juice which is much flatish, is killing it when the wind is light.
Still, the kite needs skilled rider to get most of it.
These are my observations.
Interestingly what the new one will be as have an 8 in the list. :)
L

Return to “Kitesurfing”