Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

X:Breed, anyone tested this

forum for kitesurfers
THOR_NADO
Rare Poster
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:10 pm
Kiting since: 43
Local Beach: Land of the Vikings
Gear: Non
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 2 times

X:Breed, anyone tested this

Postby THOR_NADO » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:01 pm

Looking for a wave board that can work for small baltic sea waves and also for foiling. Is this a perfekt combo where I can use the same board as a wave board and also with a foil?

Surfkiternew
Rare Poster
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:07 pm
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: All
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: X:Breed, anyone tested this

Postby Surfkiternew » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:35 pm

Yes one of the top board for sure...go for it

User avatar
Jake-Skymonster
Medium Poster
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:59 am
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: Longniddry, Scotland
Gear: Cabrinha FX / Moto / Contra
Core GTS / XR / Nexus
Ozone Edge
Peter Lynn Swell
Brand Affiliation: www.skymonster.com
Location: Scotland, UK
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: X:Breed, anyone tested this

Postby Jake-Skymonster » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:57 am

I've been riding mine since it came out - excellent board for both foiling and waves - we get the same stuff in Scotland (or a bit worse) as you do in terms of waves. If you're ok foiling strapless it's superb, if you like your straps there's only an option to put one on the front. I personally prefer wipeouts when not being strapped :) It's a godsend when traveling. We're hitting Tarifa again next week and it makes one less board in the luggage for me - a TT and XBreed + HiRise and I'm set for whatever hits us.

Let me know if you have any specific Q's and I'll try to answer them best I can :)

User avatar
SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 681
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17, Flite 12, Prodigy 9.5, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing, Mako 150
Brand Affiliation: XL Kites
Location: XL Kites.com
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: X:Breed, anyone tested this

Postby SENDIT! » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:10 pm

Jake-Skymonster wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:57 am
I've been riding mine since it came out - excellent board for both foiling and waves - we get the same stuff in Scotland (or a bit worse) as you do in terms of waves. If you're ok foiling strapless it's superb, if you like your straps there's only an option to put one on the front. I personally prefer wipeouts when not being strapped :) It's a godsend when traveling. We're hitting Tarifa again next week and it makes one less board in the luggage for me - a TT and XBreed + HiRise and I'm set for whatever hits us.

Let me know if you have any specific Q's and I'll try to answer them best I can :)
Just to clarify here, there is only one strap position on the front of the board, unlike some others where you can have 2 footstraps on the front of the board. I think that's what you meant, but when I first read it, it sounded like you meant it can't have one in the back. Maybe now that I've helped, it's clear as mud. :lol:

I've only gotten to use it as a foilboard so far, with just one strap in the front and I like it a lot. I totally agree with you that it would make a great travel option, especially for those that don't ride TT anymore. Surfboard if windy, foil if not. :thumb:
These users thanked the author SENDIT! for the post:
THOR_NADO (Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:45 pm)
Rating: 10%

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1431
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:04 pm
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9077° W
Style: None
Gear: This 'n that
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Noviomagus Reginorum
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: X:Breed, anyone tested this

Postby iriejohn » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:36 pm

THOR_NADO wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:01 pm
Looking for a wave board that can work for small baltic sea waves and also for foiling. Is this a perfekt combo where I can use the same board as a wave board and also with a foil?
Surfkiternew wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:35 pm
Yes one of the top board for sure...go for it
Ooh, look!

THOR_NADO joined on January 14th and Surfkiternew, who joined the day after, gave a thumbs up to THOR_BADOs post about the X:Breed!

Coincidence?

Nah, stitch up. :lol:

THOR_NADO
Rare Poster
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:10 pm
Kiting since: 43
Local Beach: Land of the Vikings
Gear: Non
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: X:Breed, anyone tested this

Postby THOR_NADO » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:40 pm

:) nope, we are not the same person

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1431
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:04 pm
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9077° W
Style: None
Gear: This 'n that
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Noviomagus Reginorum
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: X:Breed, anyone tested this

Postby iriejohn » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:55 am

THOR_NADO wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:40 pm
:) nope, we are not the same person
I did not say you were the same person.

User avatar
SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 681
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17, Flite 12, Prodigy 9.5, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing, Mako 150
Brand Affiliation: XL Kites
Location: XL Kites.com
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: X:Breed, anyone tested this

Postby SENDIT! » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:56 am

iriejohn wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:36 pm
THOR_NADO wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:01 pm
Looking for a wave board that can work for small baltic sea waves and also for foiling. Is this a perfekt combo where I can use the same board as a wave board and also with a foil?
Surfkiternew wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:35 pm
Yes one of the top board for sure...go for it
Ooh, look!

THOR_NADO joined on January 14th and Surfkiternew, who joined the day after, gave a thumbs up to THOR_BADOs post about the X:Breed!

Coincidence?

Nah, stitch up. :lol:
I actually had to look up that phrase "stitch up", not being from the UK. I think I may have to find a way to work it into my normal lexicon now. ;)

THOR_NADO
Rare Poster
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:10 pm
Kiting since: 43
Local Beach: Land of the Vikings
Gear: Non
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: X:Breed, anyone tested this

Postby THOR_NADO » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:23 am

And I was a little bit tired so I misunderstood you:) English isnt my primary language...

User avatar
Jake-Skymonster
Medium Poster
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:59 am
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: Longniddry, Scotland
Gear: Cabrinha FX / Moto / Contra
Core GTS / XR / Nexus
Ozone Edge
Peter Lynn Swell
Brand Affiliation: www.skymonster.com
Location: Scotland, UK
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: X:Breed, anyone tested this

Postby Jake-Skymonster » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:50 pm

SENDIT! wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:10 pm
Jake-Skymonster wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:57 am
I've been riding mine since it came out - excellent board for both foiling and waves - we get the same stuff in Scotland (or a bit worse) as you do in terms of waves. If you're ok foiling strapless it's superb, if you like your straps there's only an option to put one on the front. I personally prefer wipeouts when not being strapped :) It's a godsend when traveling. We're hitting Tarifa again next week and it makes one less board in the luggage for me - a TT and XBreed + HiRise and I'm set for whatever hits us.

Let me know if you have any specific Q's and I'll try to answer them best I can :)
Just to clarify here, there is only one strap position on the front of the board, unlike some others where you can have 2 footstraps on the front of the board. I think that's what you meant, but when I first read it, it sounded like you meant it can't have one in the back. Maybe now that I've helped, it's clear as mud. :lol:

I've only gotten to use it as a foilboard so far, with just one strap in the front and I like it a lot. I totally agree with you that it would make a great travel option, especially for those that don't ride TT anymore. Surfboard if windy, foil if not. :thumb:
Haha yes that's what I meant :lol:


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 13 guests

cron