Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

U.Go line mount on Slingshot lines

Forum for kitesurfers
ptben
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Anywhere in North Wales
Favorite Beaches: Rhosneigr (UK), Gwithian (UK), Ponta Preta & Ponta Leme (Sal, Cape Verde)
Gear: Slingshot | Ride Engine
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot | Ride Engine

U.Go line mount on Slingshot lines

Postby ptben » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:11 pm

Is anyone using the U.Go line mount on Slingshot lines with the standard U.Go locking rod? I’ve had a quick measure of the Slingshot centre lines and they seem thicker than 2mm on one side, and the locking rod seems very tight. I know the whole point of the locking rod is that it “locks” but it seems a bit too tight and I don’t want to damage the lines. Some of the U.Go sites mention a wider locking rod but others don’t.

Bill C
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: U.Go line mount on Slingshot lines

Postby Bill C » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:43 am

You need to use the locking rod with the wider groove for thick lines like Slingshot or Switch for instance. If you are in the US/Canada, contact me and I will get you one.

billcxyz@gmail.com
These users thanked the author Bill C for the post:
ptben (Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:06 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Leon van Bergen
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands
Gear: Duotone Rebel 7,9,11 SLS ‘23 | 14m Juice Dlab | Lieuwe Shotgun

Re: U.Go line mount on Slingshot lines

Postby Leon van Bergen » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:46 am

ptben wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:11 pm
Is anyone using the U.Go line mount on Slingshot lines with the standard U.Go locking rod? I’ve had a quick measure of the Slingshot centre lines and they seem thicker than 2mm on one side, and the locking rod seems very tight. I know the whole point of the locking rod is that it “locks” but it seems a bit too tight and I don’t want to damage the lines. Some of the U.Go sites mention a wider locking rod but others don’t.
I had the same with the thicker lines on the Click Bar but here U go: https://www.wetsports.co.uk/u-go-kite-line-bar-2mm
These users thanked the author Leon van Bergen for the post:
ptben (Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:06 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Kitesurfing”