Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Duotone customer service nightmare

Postby daca » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:45 am

Toby wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:16 am
Try it here:

https://shop.duotonesports.com/de-de/ba ... ickbar2019
Thanks Toby....this is where the problem started...

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:13 pm

ok, why not register again? and see if it works?

daca
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby daca » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:57 pm

Toby wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:13 pm
ok, why not register again? and see if it works?
"their computer says no"!!! i tried 2 different email accounts the problem still exists...i then sucessfully changed password and still did not manage to login...

purdyd
Very Frequent Poster

Postby purdyd » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:29 pm

Well I just successfully created an account so it appears to be working. Maybe you have a friend who can try?

I agree that a company should get back to you if you contact them.

Perhaps try to message them through Facebook?

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Hood River; La Ventana; Ocean Park, PR; SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9/13m, SST 4/5m, UFO 3/5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Flysurfer 2cool 6m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses/RDB 70/90/101cm masts with 1200/860/800/730/600 kitefoil or 2200/1700/1400 wingfoil wings and 310/230/425 stabilizers, Naish MicroChip 80cm, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 100, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Turbine 9/13m, 20” Guardian bar, 1700 sq.cm wing/fuselage/stabilizer fitting Moses mast

Postby grigorib » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:07 pm

Baja Joes is all covered in Duotone stickers and advertisement material. It’s hard to believe that guys as experienced have invested into stickers and didn’t in customer support.

I hope they can resolve your issue and if they don’t - there are shops which can get you “better than” original replacement parts.
A new line and v-splitter are not that hard to be made custom.

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 110
Gong Veloce M, 100cm carbon mast
Ozone Hyperlink V1 7m
Hyperlink V2 9m, 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m

Postby TomW » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:39 pm

Same issue I had with shitty bags. No response from anyone...
Lost me as customer

purdyd
Very Frequent Poster

Postby purdyd » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:23 pm

If it is the main lower lines I might be tempted to have those made with different lines.

I ordered some custom better quality upper lines.

I thought an extra v splitter came with the bar? Check the inside pocket on the bag the bar came in.

I do find it odd when companies don't respond to customers. I would think a local shop could get in contact with a rep on your behalf?

Dan-at-Duotone
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Crazy Beaches
Style: Kooky
Gear: Go
Brand Affiliation: Sales/Marketing/Service for Duotone/Ion in North America

Postby Dan-at-Duotone » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:54 am

I work for Duotone in North America. David, we've been in touch via email in the past using both my old Northsports account and my newer Boards and More account. You're always welcome to email me back on either of those or call me on the phone number on the signature on those emails. You are also (as is anyone else) welcome to PM me here. Sorry for the issues you're having, hopefully I can help you resolve them.

-Dan
These users thanked the author Dan-at-Duotone for the post:
purdyd (Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:35 am)
Rating: 3.03%

caduo
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: cabrinha

Postby caduo » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:11 am

maybe also check www.surfmarket.gr

Dan-at-Duotone
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Crazy Beaches
Style: Kooky
Gear: Go
Brand Affiliation: Sales/Marketing/Service for Duotone/Ion in North America

Postby Dan-at-Duotone » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:12 pm

Just to clarify a few things:

1. If you fill out a "contact" form on our website your message is automatically forwarded to the person in charge of your area. Generally this will be an official Boards&More (Duotone/Fanatic/Ion) employee/agent, but in some areas it may be a local independent distributor. In any case we do our best to put you in touch with someone who speaks your language and is geographically as close as possible to you.

In North America all Duotone contact forms are forwarded to me. If you are in North America and filled out the contact and didn't hear back there are two possible reasons: Either I dropped the ball or there was some sort of technical glitch. I have seen this system glitch, but I also get many of these contacts daily so I know it usually works. If you have tried to reach us through this method and never heard back, whether you're in NA or anywhere else in the world, feel free to PM me here.

Also keep in mind that we work hand-in-hand with our retailers, and they should generally be able to answer any questions/solve any issues and they are able to contact agents/reps/etc if the issues are beyond their ability.

2. Our spare parts/clothing webshop: We have been working on this for years. I used to get complaints on this very forum that there was nowhere to order spare parts online and I bugged the managers here in NA and at our international office to address this. It took so long mainly becuase our ERP software is very specifically NOT designed around retail sales. Everything is run off a local server, which is why the pages on our webshop may be slow to load. I'm begging the powers-that-be again to change this, but it took years to get them to add a webshop at all and I'm aware that for an enterprise of this size it's not as simple as throwing a switch.

The whole reason we have the webshop for spare parts in North America is to make an official simple-to-use place for consumers to buy small parts direct from our main warehouse in Europe so that local availability won't affect their ability to get replacement parts. There are so many tiny parts for years-old gear that for every part that gets ordered there are 10 that will never be sold, meaning that stocking all of these parts in all the warehouses around the world simply does not make sense. Even for more commonly sold items, such as replacement lines, the factories won't send small replacement shipments to our various warehouses/distribution points and instead our warehouses take a few shipments a few times a year, so if a particular part is in higher damand than predicted it may be unavailable in some areas, but by having one particular warehouse (the main one in Europe) stock as many parts as possible and then linking a B2C site to the inventory in that warehouse, it allows us to streamline the system and get more parts to more customers more quickly.

Yes, this system bypasses our normal distribution system and in theory should make us more money and piss off our retail partners, but having seen it in action I can tell you that this B2C enterprise will NEVER pay off the cost of building/maintaining it and for the most part shops are happy... Instead of having an angry customer off the water for a month while they wait for a part to become available, the shop can point them to a website to help them get back on the water much more quickly.

As far as I'm aware the webshop is working correctly. If you have issues using it please PM me here or just fill out the 'contact us' form at the bottom, and again, if no one gets back to you within a day or two, please send me a message with your location and your issue and I'll point you in the right direction (and hopefully figure out where the issue with the contact form is at the same time)

If you have any questions or issues or complaints please FEEL FREE TO PM ME HERE or fill out the contact form on the website or contact your dealer directly.

-Dan

Return to “Kitesurfing”