Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Unintended suicide mode on Core sensor 2+ bars

Postby Toby » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:13 pm

Well said edt.

And you even meet people who are proudly saying they never activated the QR...

The more you use it and make it a muscle memory the more likely you will survive a deadly situation.

A good idea is to release it once someone landed your kite...this way you know it is working and you get the movement into your mind and muscles.
Sure, even better to check the QR even before a session

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:50 pm

Toby wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:13 pm

I'm in too much of a damn hurry when I set up. I'm lucky to even get the red on the left. I know I should take it slow and easy when I set up but I can't help it.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:51 pm

edt wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:50 pm
Toby wrote:

I'm in too much of a damn hurry when I set up. I'm lucky to even get the red on the left. I know I should take it slow and easy when I set up but I can't help it.
I know exactly what you mean 😂

That’s why after the session is the better than never.

edt
Very Frequent Poster

Postby edt » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:53 pm

ahaha even after all these years you still got the stoke

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby deniska » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:54 pm

edt wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:45 pm
dude keep the core kites they are decent and buy an ozone control bar. You can swap over to the kites next year. It's ridiculous how people fight on forums for no reason. You can usually get last year's model brand new for cheap.

https://greenhatkiteboarding.com/ozone- ... FwQAvD_BwE
The cores fly on high Y while ozones are low-V.
I tried the RRD bar recently and my 9xr4 flies a bit funky on it (more flapping than usual), 12m flies swimmingly better.. So I am guessing that "V" split point is the culprit and flying on ozone bar will not resolve the issue. (of course I played with pigtails to cover for length difference, etc)
edt wrote: Also don't become a brand hater. Everyone can change. all the kite companies can both put out bad products and fix their ways and start putting out good products. Conversely there are brands that can put out good products for years and then one year put out a bad one. So don't get stuck on this "bad guy" or "good guy" idea. Everyone in the kite business is trying to make a living and people make mistakes in designs. I'm hoping for the best for all the companies that they fix their bad stuff and come back stronger than ever, we need the competition in the kite market.
I don't hate CORE.. They make great kites and used to have great service.
I disagree with some of design choices they made in the past and nowadays because it bleeds unnecessary money (all this never-ending bar parts replacement routine, see other thread) and risks my health (see root post)..
This thread was not intended to be a hate fest. I just thought that people may want to know that there is an issue (issues, actually)..
It's not just me. Others have similar and different issues with this bar too. They just prefer not to be as vocal and deal with this forum shit-fest.
Some vent out on local groups where people actually know each other and do not throw as much shit.
The guy who I borrowed a bar when mine snapped in 2 and I broke his line in less than 15minutes, later broke this bar in 2 same way.. he never posted it anywhere public.
3 months ago when I snapped 2 power lines, I borrowed a core bar from another guy. the depower rope got stuck in full-depower mode.. I had to land the kite and it took significant force and effort to undo it.. Again he knows about this issue but prefers not to post about it. Just not to depower 100%...
It sort of sucks that after paying $500+ we have to be betta-testers for this shit.
alexeyga wrote:
deniska wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:22 pm
Going forward, I am thinking of jumping the CORE ship and going to Ozones.. some mix of Chronos, Edges and hyperlinks
God help Ozone. Den, would you consider going to some other brand? Like Epic or Doodletone? Nobody will feel particularly bad about you trashing these... :rollgrin:

Back to the original subject - up here in Eastern Canada, Core dealers did the impossible and became Cabrinha from 10 years ago - in a sense that Core totally dominates the market. With all that in mind, I have yet to see a single forum topic locally screaming about issues with Core bars. So i dunno - something feels odd about your having THAT many problems.
I had 3-4 Ozones kites and 2 bars. Still own a zephyr with the bar. Don't recall any issues frankly. The ozone bar has simpler and cleaner design with less replacement parts and way less maintenance.. It does feel a bit heavier. Over the 4 years, Zephyr required front bladder change and I changed the lines bar (as preventative measure). I find this acceptable for the use I got out of this setup.. It's my primary kite during summer. That said, I would expect more problems with high wind setups, but not the rate I see with my CORE bar.
Are you the Alex D who bought my broken nobile board?
If so, you break a lot of stuff too

edt
Very Frequent Poster

Postby edt » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:57 pm

deniska wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:54 pm

The cores fly on high Y while ozones are low-V.
Yeah didn't know that. Oh well. Some kites work when you change from high Y to V some don't.

deniska
Very Frequent Poster

Postby deniska » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:03 pm

Toby wrote:
Well said edt.

And you even meet people who are proudly saying they never activated the QR...

The more you use it and make it a muscle memory the more likely you will survive a deadly situation.

A good idea is to release it once someone landed your kite...this way you know it is working and you get the movement into your mind and muscles.
I find myself flagging the kite about once a month.. usually when it gets too windy for a safe tethered self-landing.
This is how I know that core bar jams due to sand issue.
Of course lots of people here would say it's just me.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:37 pm

deniska wrote:
Lol, I'm definitely not. Just went through a warranty replacement of an Enduro kite which got all twisted up due to webbing shrinkage and although I do like the simplicity and solidity of Ozone bars - I won't own any until Ozone catches up on modern trends like nice thick lines and replaceable pigtales. I can make a whole separate topic about what Ozone kites used to be vs what they are now and at what price their flying characteristics come.

deniska
Very Frequent Poster

Postby deniska » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:49 pm

alexeyga wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:37 pm
deniska wrote:
I won't own any until Ozone catches up on modern trends like nice thick lines and replaceable pigtales.
I don't recall anyone local snapping ozone's freeride line set.
One guy got Chrono with race lines for jumping, not surprisingly he snapped them within the first week of use (being a heavier guy)...
Have you hear of anyone snapping free ride sets?

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:37 pm

deniska wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:49 pm
I don't recall anyone local snapping ozone's freeride line set.
One guy got Chrono with race lines for jumping, not surprisingly he snapped them within the first week of use (being a heavier guy)...
Have you hear of anyone snapping free ride sets?
Mind that I have never said about Ozone lines durability. They are plenty durable, just thin and spongy. I prefer more solid lines and given the choice - with replaceable (reversible) line ends. For what brand new bars go these days - this isn't too much to ask for.

Return to “Kitesurfing”