Local Beach: Lake Balaton, Fonyód (Hungary), Aendorphin Beach
Favorite Beaches: Lefkada Milos Beach
Style: Big Air, Kiteloop
Gear: Board: RRD Style Biax v2
Kites: RRD Obsession 13.5m, 10.5m, 9m
Brand Affiliation: Kiteline, RRD

Re: Rrd Obsession MK11

Postby aendorphin » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:34 pm

Dash is something I've never tried. What is your opinion on it?
I think if you prefer to go mainly for new-school moves AMP is your choice. If you look for something more all-rounder go with the Obsession.
If you are looking for "long term relationship": AMP may be updated more consistently. When I stopped riding RRD was when they decided to turn the Obsession into a 3 strut kite (so they follow the trends). But they never really explained why... But o-zone may not going to update AMP soon. Does anybody have news on it?
If you want a kite that will be easy to sell. Well, not an easy choice. AMP is not very popular. I cannot sell mine. RRD is mostly popular for schools, but the not the pure freestyle kite is the most wanted. What is your opinion?

X-Fly
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 65
Local Beach: La Palmyre
Style: Freestyle / big air
Gear: Eleveight FS 12m/10m/9m
North Orbit 9m/8m/7m
Core Choice 4 133
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby X-Fly » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:47 pm

I already had the Dash during one month : for me it is the best open-C kite with 3 struts for unhooked freestyle. Perhaps because the aspect ratio is higher (4.6) or the bridle is long with only few connection points. I do not know but this kite has a very good slack (compared to the other open C kites) and keep a good position in the sky for unhooked freestyle. But for me it is not a good allround kite because not all the windrange is fun : on the low end you can practise unhooked freestyle (for me and with the 9m : 18-22 kts), on the top end you can practise big air and loops (28-35 kts for me), but on the middle (20-30 kts) the kite is boring (no hangtime but too powerful for freestyle). The other negative point, it is the kite can fall from the sky in light wind (like the previous Naish Park) and you have to keep steering on the bar all the time (it is no the case with the FX, Dice, Enduro, ... these kites are more stable even in light wind).

I am looking for a kite like a C-Shape but in 4 lines, with bridle (for depower and managing gusty wind), and stable : some C kites with bridle are not also stable than true C-shape kites with 5th line, that's why it is difficult for me to find the "good" kite. The new Obsession (from Y26) does not interest me because they change to shape to a 3 struts Open-C shape and keep the same bridle...
Last edited by X-Fly on Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aendorphin
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Lake Balaton, Fonyód (Hungary), Aendorphin Beach
Favorite Beaches: Lefkada Milos Beach
Style: Big Air, Kiteloop
Gear: Board: RRD Style Biax v2
Kites: RRD Obsession 13.5m, 10.5m, 9m
Brand Affiliation: Kiteline, RRD

Postby aendorphin » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:18 am

Sounds like a little "too much expectation". Now I understand your needs. The obsession mk11 or y25 is a better choice than the amp this case but I am sure that you won't be 100% satisfied with that as well
These users thanked the author aendorphin for the post:
X-Fly (Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:18 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Kitesurfing”