Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Tube Kite To Foil Kite - Making the Transition

Postby foilholio » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:06 am

Great post by OP. Great trolling by PMU as always lol.

Addressing OP.

Kite can fly more over head but you can just position it lower to the side etc.

Self landing on a foil kite is far superior to inflatables. Down wind landing can seem intimidating but is a very controlled method. Going to safety is an option and this can be combined with downwind/backstall, a fifth line is the best in this regard. There are so many methods and combinations of self landing, onto solid objects, wind shadows, side window, where you stand, on water and more. For example the clip you show with association to "tight" landing quarters, to me is not tight at all. You can water, down wind, wind shadow and maybe side land being all possible. Some trees can be ruff on kites so solid is maybe not available, you more want something like a pole, or wall. You can launch and land foils, from uninflated, solely on the water so don't ever think you need land to do stuff :-) ! My advice find a wind shadow to backstall into.

Your transition problems are most likely because the kite is slower. You will need to initiate things earlier and more aggressively.

Deep water rescue, roll up early.

Price there is always Pansh which is not going to be on the same level as a Soul but the price is drastically less.
These users thanked the author foilholio for the post:
Okkiteboarder (Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:29 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Kitesurfing”